Commercial/Construction Counsel (Utilities), Herts - 5+PQE
Commercial/Construction Counsel - (Infrastructure / Utilities) - Herts - 5+PQE
Mid-to-senior level - General commercial position (Procurement and Construction)
About Our Client
Our client is a utilities business based in Hertfordshire.
Duties with this role include:
- Acting as a business partner to the business's commercial & procurement teams and in doing so identifying requirements for legal support and managing overall provision of legal support to those teams.
- Providing legal advice to all areas of the business on commercial and contractual law matters that takes into account business needs and objectives.
- Drafting and reviewing a wide range of contracts and agreements relevant to the business's activities.
- Providing legal support for procurement of goods and services needed to deliver the organisation's business objectives.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- be a UK or common law qualified solicitor and be likely to have at least 5 years of post qualification experience; and
- have expertise in commercial and contract law (and preferably the utilities sector).
Knowledge and experience of construction law, in particular NEC3 and NEC4 contracts and/or IChemE contracts, would be an advantage.
What's on Offer
Salary, Bonus and other non-monetary benefits