Commerical Sales Manager
Newly formed leadership role at a well-established B2B business
Manage and further develop this flourishing sales team
About Our Client
With over 55 years of experience, my client is a family owned UK division of a global leading business in their sector. They currently employ over 80 in their Hertfordshire head office with turnover aspirations of £22m over the next four years. They offer a comprehensive range of products available for both purchase and rental selling predominantly into three main sectors; Care, Hotels & Leisure.
The business are recruiting for a Commercial Sales Manager to manage and grow the existing sales team. You will play a pivotal role in developing the strategy to grow the UK business by 50% over the next 3 years by increasing sales in the rental market and by tapping into key accounts, expanding them further.
You will be accountable for the overall team performance including the budget and expansion as well as;
- Recruiting and training new members of the team in line with business growth
- Motivating and increasing team effectiveness using CRM and Marketing Campaigns
- Building on each members individual Personal Development Plan
- Accurately forecasting and reporting on the teams activities and results
- Continue to seek out and exploit new business opportunities nationally
The Successful Applicant
The Commercial Sales Manager will have credibility, commercial acumen and gravitas as well as drive to make business and process improvement where necessary.
You will be process driven and have a strong grasp for strategy and implementation of methodologies (i.e. KPIs, business development activities, account management and development, lead generation, product development etc.).
You must have experience of managing a team of salespeople on day to day basis including preparing and running sales meetings, preparing board level reports with experience of selling capital goods on a B2B basis (£3-20K) Knowledge of rental market would be important, as well as knowledge of selling into care and hotels sectors.
Furthermore it is imperative the successful candidate has the following traits;
- The ability to work autonomously
- Gravitas in front of their customers and colleagues
- Service sales experience with strong negotiation abilities
- A natural rapport builder
- A creative thinker who can think outside of the box for improved solutions and performances
- A balanced and well-rounded individual who is likeable but can also get straight to the point
- An active listener who absorbs information and can communicate back successfully
- An individual who is interested in longevity, both in role and relationship building
- An individual who thrives in a family run business culture
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary + Package