Commodity Manager (non-production & services)
A newly-created position
Within a well-established, large manufacturing organisation in Doncaster
About Our Client
Our client, based in Doncaster, have a rich history of manufacturing in their specific field. Due to restructuring and identifying areas of improvement they now look to appoint a Commodity Manager (non-production products & services). Working alongside other commodity leads the successful applicant can expect full autonomy to manage process improvements and cost savings within this category.
The Commodity Manager (non-production products & services) will be responsible for orchestrating professional strategies and purchasing services for the business. They will take accountability and responsibility for all none production products and services related to the Doncaster site and its satellites, roughly equating to a c£10m annualised expenditure. There will be management responsibilty of a buyer and a high level of stakeholder management required for the role.
The Successful Applicant
Ideally the successful candidate for this position of Commodity Manager (non-production products & services) will have:
- Exposure to a Manufacturing and Production environment
- A strong understanding of indirect procurement (direct experience is desirable but not essential)
- Good examples of SRM, rationalisation of a supplier base and negotiation
- Demonstrable achievements relating to systems, process and strategy implimentation in purchasing position
- Strong ability towards stakeholder management (internal and external).
What's on Offer
£45,000 + £50,000