Communications and Marketing Officer
Communications Officer - Public Sector
About Our Client
An established public sector organisation
As a Communications and Marketing Officer you will work on a variety of projects and campaigns. You will provide support across a large complex organisation. You will brief colleagues and external suppliers and work in partnership. You will work across multiple channels- press, social media, residents magazine and online channels. In addition you will also work across internal communication channels - intranet, staff emails, newsletters to ensure staff engagement
You will work across various stakeholder groups in providing a great service.
The Successful Applicant
You will have the following skills;
- You will have 3- 5+ years experience working withing Communications & Marketing
- Ideally a degree in Marketing/ Communications or similar
- You will have experience of delivering communications activities such as PR, marketing, media and communications planning
- Ideally knowledge of project management and budget management processes
- Strong experience of managing multiple audiences and stakeholders on multiple platforms
- Experience of working on major communications and PR campaigns
- Excellent written/ copy writing skills is essential
- Experience of developing and delivering communications, marketing and media plans and strategies to meet expectations of senior managers
- Experience of writing across online media and hard copy publications.
- Good online and social media skills, ability to update website content management systems and use of Wordpress.
- Good knowledge of filming, audio, photography and/or more advanced web publishing techniques
- You must have a background in public sector, education, third sector or something similar
What's on Offer
Salary up to £30,500 plus excellent benefits and flexible working. This is a 6 month contract with the potential to go permanent
You must be available to start within 2 weeks from appointment