Working for one of the leading names in the property industry
About Our Client
Our client are a leading property and construction company, providing services such as Construction and Infrastructure to Fit Out, Property Services, etc. The Communications Manager will sit in the property maintenance arm of the company and will be based in London.
- Support social media presence helping to promote the business in line with company values and recruitment activities
- Responsible for researching and writing topical content for blogs, maintaining a regular feed of news and articles for both the company's website and intranet.
- Manage and optimise SEO activities for the website and track web traffic against targets using Google Analytics
- Ensuring a consist social media crisis plan in in place in line with the overall communications plan, to ensure consistency of message
- Writing internal communications, including HTML bulletins, company new articles and employee announcements.
- Develop bespoke campaigns using a variety of communication channels to support business events and activities
- Responsible for checking, responding to/and or redirecting queries via live chat and the company's communication inbox.
- Cultivating relationships with national and local media. Writing and editing press releases, fact sheets and other media materials.
- Developing and implementing reactive communications strategies to manage all crisis and issues across the business
- Collect contract win information for interim and year end results and seek necessary approvals from clients
- Coordinating media pitches, selecting appropriate spokespeople and participating in media interviews, especially during times of crisis.
- Conducting media training for regional personnel with assistance from Head of Group Communications/Head of Marketing
- Support in writing content for corporate documentation such as brochures, letters, leaflets, flyers and scripts for short video/films
- Ensure all internal communication supports key business messages and values
- Monitor adherence to the brand standards, tone of voice for all internal and external communications
Case studies & Awards
- Ensure we have up to date case studies for all our contracts.
- Maintain regular contact with Project and Partnership managers.
- Arrange collateral for site visits where necessary
- Support identification of sector Awards that would help further promote the business and clients
- Collect information to support award submissions
- Write and submit award submissions in line with award deadlines.
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present in front of large and small groups
- Dependable team-player with ability to prioritise multiple projects and work independently
- Some regional travel and occasional evenings, weekends and holidays maybe required
- 24-7 response to crisis communications needs is a must
- Competent in using content management systems
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel within the business; including directors, regional managers and operational staff.
- Ability to suggest and implement ideas or programmes to increase efficiency and/or assure effective communications to target audiences
- Minimum 5 years plus of public relations or communications experience, agency or in-house.
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing or related field preferred, but not necessary
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Proficient in social media.
What's on Offer