- Multinational organisation
- Autonomy to drive the performance and appreciation of communications
About Our Client
Imerys is a world leader in mineral-based specialties, oﬀering high value-added solutions to many diﬀerent industries, ranging from process manufacturing to consumer goods. With over 16000 employees delivering a valued service to 15000 customers in 142 countries, Imerys is a truly global business.
Imerys offers value-add solutions for diverse markets that contribute essential properties and performance to their customers' products. The ambition of Imerys is simple - they want to unlock the sustainable potential of minerals and recognise the need to act rapidly to provide solutions to the environmental and social challenges facing the world. Imerys is focussed on the empowerment of it's people, caring for the planet and building for the future.
The Imerys Group is a market-focused organisation split into 2 segments - Performance Minerals and High-Temperature Materials and Solutions.
Imerys in the UK comprises 5 legal entities employing circa 1,100 employees across multiple sites. The largest entity is predominantly based in Cornwall.
As an experienced communications Manager, you will drive all communications activity for Imerys in the UK ensuring it is entirely focused on the requirements of the business.
Driving proactive communications strategy and tactics in the UK region, fully aligned with Business Areas and Group business goals.
This role will regionalise and activate communications programs/campaigns originating from the Business Areas Communications and Group Communications teams, and ensure full alignment with functional partners in Legal, Operations, HR and other functional support teams as needed.
The Successful Applicant
The Communication Manager Requirements :
- Relevant University Degree with specialisation in Communications (Ideally)
- Experience of functioning at management level within a complex matrix and diverse multinational organisation
- Experience of working for a communications agency or international organisation with internal communications and events management
- Expert in internal communications with exposure to media relations
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to translate abstract business concepts into meaningful 'everyday' language
- Work in a multisite industrial environment
What's on Offer
Salary and benefits