- Making a difference in the Healthcare sector
- Telling the story for nurses and doctors
About Our Client
Health care organisation, putting the people and their staff at the forefront of what they do.
The Communications Officer will play a key role, supporting our Operational Communications Team to deliver communications activity internally and externally which ensure our stakeholders understand how the work we're doing is transforming health and care and changing lives.
You will do this by supporting the communication of important messages, sharing good news stories and best practice both internally and externally and securing understanding of our purpose, values and achievements as well as being part of the team ensuring when things don't go as well the risks involved are mitigated and managed.
- Implement communications activity including writing, editing, publishing and distributing communications internally and externally
- Deliver operational internal communications tasks, including updating the Companies intranet: Jam and the creation of local newsletters.
- Support the team in the delivery of operational communications projects, as required and agreed.
- Support senior operational communications colleagues in responding to reactive media management issues, such as by distributing press releases or taking calls from the media.
- Direct operational colleagues to self-serve tools and the support that is available to help them confidently use those tools, where appropriate.
- Write communications materials to briefs provided by operational colleagues or communications colleagues
- Compile internal newsletters and email messages using our in-house system Campaign Monitor
- Write content for, upload and maintain content on our Intranet, known as Jam
- Support the production of other materials as directed and required
- Co-ordinate communications activity, avoiding duplication across business units and maximising efficiency as far as possible
- Taking calls and emails from the media on reactive or proactive issues
- Co-ordinating activity, ensuring awareness of key dates and activities which could improve reach
- Writing, editing and distributing communications materials such as press releases or email newsletters
- Input into our media management system and contact database.
- Producing and implementing activity on any platform, including but not limited to social media,
- Representing the Communications function at internal and external meetings, providing updates on performance or functional activity and plans and taking actions for yourself or other members of the team
- Supporting the Operational Communications Manager and Communications Business Partners as required
- Championing and communicating policies, best practice procedures and Communications and Marketing Strategy and plans to leaders and employees
The Successful Applicant
The successful Communications officer will have:
- Two years' experience in a communications role.
- Dynamic and can work independently, as part of a wider communications team distributed across the whole of England.
- Experience of working remotely and virtually with colleagues using remote working tools such as Microsoft Teams
- Experience in health and social care with an understanding of the political landscape. (NHS or independent sector)
- Proven experience of workload management and prioritisation.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and ability to interact with variety of personalities and clients.
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues at all levels of an organisation.
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Experience and knowledge of Campaign Monitor or other such e-mail marketing systems
- Experience of using content management platforms
- Ability to convey difficult or complex ideas or concepts in a clear and engaging manner
- Ability to understand complex service offers and ideas easily and quickly
- Willing to work outside of normal office hours, when unavoidable circumstances so dictate
- Excellent people skills including listening, negotiation, inspiration and persuasion.
- Resilience under pressure and being faced with challenging situations
What's on Offer
The successful Communications Officer will receive:
£25,000 - £30,000