- Start ASAP
- 6 month contract - potential to extend. Remote working
About Our Client
The purpose of the Communications Officer post is to carry out communications activities to support the effective communications and engagement strategy.
Reporting to the Communications Managers you will be required to undertake general communications activity which promotes the organisation to a range of external and internal stakeholders, including, press and PR, GP and staff briefings and social and digital content with the end aim of raising awareness of our organisational priorities and increasing engagement with our GP membership and wider stakeholders.
- Deal with media enquiries promptly and effectively monitor media coverage and circulate to key internal and external audiences as appropriate
- Proactively source and produce good news stories in a compelling style, in plain English and be responsible for the writing, editing and publication of content for a range of audiences
- Disseminate good news stories via a range of mechanisms to enhance our reputation and optimise content, including online channels, internal channels and traditional media.
- With the Communication Manager manage media relations output to ensure media coverage is balanced and key messages delivered as standard
- Evaluate media coverage to identify trends and produce regular reports for ICS Board and Governing Body
- Develop effective working relationships with the local, national and trade media
- Promote good news to staff and review staff opinion to evidence awareness of developments, initiatives and achievements
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for opinion formers to speak at conferences and get involved in local, regional and national programmes that will raise our profile and enhance our reputation
- Ability to nurture key relationships and maintain networks internally and externally (where appropriate)
- Develop and deliver internal and external communications plans with clear objectives and messages, strategies, channels and approaches for a range of audiences
- Develop a range of products including brochures, digital and multimedia information, event materials etc. as required
- Research and find new solutions and approaches to improve our approach in the full range of projects and initiatives taking place across the organisations.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong communicatin skills
- Strong writing ability
- Extenal communications experience - proactive PR stories
What's on Offer
6 month contract with potential to extend