Recognised global brand who is a leader in their sector.
Fantastic opportunity to be part of a great growth story.
About Our Client
Recognised global brand with growth plans.
- Responsible for the day to day general ledger administration of a subsidiary , and develop full understanding of Management and Financial accounting for UK Limited business
- Prepare monthly Trading and Intercompany reporting
- Review the companies' respective fixed asset registers maintained by the assistant accountant, checking additions, disposals and depreciation are recorded correctly
- Prepare monthly schedules, supporting evidence and journals relating to accruals and prepayments
- Prepare monthly intra-Group recharges between companies for shared services
- Support the Group Financial Controller in the reconciliation of intercompany sales/purchase/loan balances
- Ensure all general ledger reconciliations are maintained on a monthly basis, with reconciling items cleared appropriately on a timely basis;
- Reviewed bank reconciliations for all company bank accounts (GBP and foreign currencies) performed by the accounts assistant, and prepare payment runs for authorisation by senior management
- Maintain appropriate controls and records around petty cash, and ensure expenditure is recorded accurately within the financial records of the business
- Ensure month-end periods are closed in line with internal and wider global Group timetables
- Prepare month-end management accounts for the Group to be reviewed by the Group Financial Controller and Finance Director
- Complete and submit UK VAT returns and PAYE Returns and payments on account in line with HMRC timetables
- Review and pay wages prepared by the payroll departments on a weekly and monthly basis
- Support external consultants in completing and submitting UK Corporation Tax returns and payments on account in line with HMRC timetables
- Support the external auditors in the review and completion of the statutory accounts
- Preparation of the annual financial statements and as well preparation of Budgets and Forecasts to be submitted
- Provide financial information and business partnering support to management and financial controller within the business on monthly basis
- Provide ad-hoc support to the business on matters relating to the financial record keeping of the Group companies
- Supervise the activities of a pool of Group purchase ledger clerks and an accounts assistant, providing coaching and mentoring as part of their ongoing development. Also recruiting new or replacement resource when required
- Liaise with the Group Payroll Administrator and Credit Controller on all matters relating to the Group companies for which the Company Accountant is responsible
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels.
The Successful Applicant
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA Qualified or QBE
- Experience of general ledger administration - day-to-day use of a recognised accounting software system, posting of month-end journals, etc
- Experience of SAP
- Experience of VAT and Corporation Tax reporting - preparation of data and electronic submissions
- Organises own work and prioritises own tasks
- Strong numeracy skills - demonstrates attention to detail and a high concern for accuracy
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with internal and external stakeholders;
- Good IT skills - proficient in the use of Excel for manipulating and analysing data.
- Experience of One Office (Kerridge) or similar ERP system in an equivalent industry (stock, transport, installation projects).
- Progress made towards further accountancy qualification - e.g. ACCA, CIMA, ACA
- Intermediate Excel skills - Vlookups, pivot tables, SQL data extract/manipulation.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits.