Company Secretary & Governance Manager
Are you an experienced governance professional?
Would you like to work for a leading higher education membership body?
About Our Client
A leading higher education membership body based in York is in search of an interim Company Secretary & Governance Manager to provide effective governance support to the organisation.
As Company Secretary & Governance Manager, you will lead and oversee the proper conduct of meetings of the Board and its committees, ensuring that correct procedures are followed. This will include:
- Overseeing the timetabling of all meetings of the Board and its committees.
- Directing and undertaking the preparation of agendas, papers and minutes in consultation with the Chief Executive and/or Chairman to ensure they comply with the required standards of good governance.
- Attending and minuting meetings of the Board and its committees and to give guidance on matters of procedure and conduct.
- Ensuring terms of reference and procedure rules are reviewed, updated and properly discharged across the company.
- Facilitating the provision of timely information to Board and committee members so that they can maximise their ability to contribute to Board meetings and discussions and understand the work of the company.
- Ensuring that all appointments to the Board and committees have been in accordance with statutory provisions and the Articles of Association.
- Managing issues arising from any immediate or forthcoming vacancies and advising the Board on appropriate succession planning.
- Managing the delivery of the operations plan, ensuring delivery of financial targets and performance against expenditure.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Strong working knowledge of corporate governance issues and best practice with the ability to apply these principles to a complex organisation.
- Membership of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) or currently undertaking the Chartered Secretary qualifying scheme.
- Experience working for CEO and Boards in a company secretarial role.
- Experience of delivering high quality, highly-regarded agile services, processes and systems to meet customer needs.
- Experience of minute taking, implementing the outcomes of meetings and decision points.
- Experience of producing, reviewing and communicating written reports.
- A strong commitment to excellent customer service.
What's on Offer
A fantastic contract role at a leading higher education membership body based in York, offering exposure to the most senior of the organisation.