- Amazing opportunity for an experienced Compensation and Benefits professional
- Relocation package available for the right candidate
About Our Client
Imerys is a world leader in mineral-based specialties, oﬀering high value-added solutions to many diﬀerent industries, ranging from process manufacturing to consumer goods. With over 16000 employees delivering a valued service to 15000 customers in 142 countries, Imerys is a truly global business.
Imerys offers value-add solutions for diverse markets that contribute essential properties and performance to their customers' products. The ambition of Imerys is simple - they want to unlock the sustainable potential of minerals and recognise the need to act rapidly to provide solutions to the environmental and social challenges facing the world. Imerys is focused on the empowerment of its people, caring for the planet and building for the future.
The Imerys Group is a market-focused organisation split into 2 segments - Performance Minerals and High-Temperature Materials and Solutions.
Imerys in the UK comprises 5 legal entities employing circa 1,100 employees across multiple sites. The largest entity is predominantly based in Cornwall which is where this position will be based.
- You will be responsible for all benefits (excluding Pensions) and seek new and innovative ways of rewarding employees to maximise the perceived value and support productivity improvement.
- Interface with Group C&B team to ensure common policy & programmes are implemented and maintained.
- Prime source of Total Pay expertise providing advice and guidance to HR colleagues & Business Managers on job evaluation, benchmarking and grading.
- Research, advise and ensure compliance with legal/regulatory requirements including expatriate/assignee management/tax, short term business visitor tracking, work permits, stock options, equal pay and Contracts of employment.
- To manage the UK wide Payroll function to ensure the provision of a professional, accurate & timely service. Ensure compliance with both internal audit requirements (including approval of payrolls) and statutory rules/reporting including balancing monthly ledgers and tax year-end returns (P11D, P60, P35).
- Manage and develop staff to ensure effective and timely delivery of services to customers and stated objectives.
- Be responsible for the annual compensation review process including bonus management and setting of UK wide pay inflation budget both for merit review and pay negotiations.
- Responsible for reward analysis to provide analytical data in order for the business to assess the effectiveness of the reward strategy.
The Successful Applicant
Experience & knowledge Requirements
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent with Chartered (Level 7) CIPD qualification with previous experience of operating as Compensation & Benefits Manager for a minimum of 5 years.
- Highly IT literate with previous experience of working with HR reporting systems and excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good Coaching skills.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the drivers of business performance and profitability.
- To be able to provide commercially viable and creative solutions in a timely manner.
- Ability to build influential relationships with stakeholders across all elements of the business.
- Collaborative and inclusive - able to work with colleagues from all areas of the business in particular with other colleagues within business services to provide united solutions.
Imerys is an equal opportunities employer and will ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
What's on Offer
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a high performance business led well on its pillars of empowerment of people, caring for the planet and building for the future. As well as a challenging and rewarding role, you will be living in one of the most picturesque and safest parts of the UK. The financial rewards are excellent too with a highly competitive basic salary of up to £55,000 + benefits. (relocation package is available for the right candidate).