- Competition/Compliance Manager with a Monitoring Trustee Service
- competition, compliance, case management
About Our Client
Monitoring Trustee Service
I am recutting for a Competition/Compliance Manager with a Monitoring Trustee Service where you will manage complex compliance projects as a member of a leading, well-established globally, Monitoring Trustee practice.These, often multi-jurisdiction, projects concern the implementation of structural and/or behavioural commitments by large multinational companies. The practice acts on high profile cases including in relation to Big Tech, aviation, financial services, consumer goods, and other industry leaders.You will be managing the day-to-day work, liaising with the parties, their advisors, competition authorities. You will be responsible for the preparation and drafting of regular reports to the European Commission and competition authorities around the world. The role:
- Act as the eyes and ears of the competition authorities in monitoring compliance with remedies offered by parties in the context of merger, antitrust, state aid proceedings.
- Monitor the implementation of structural and/or behavioural remedies:
- divestiture processes (including the suitable purchaser's assessment), viability of divestment businesses and hold-separate/ring-fencing obligations
- fair, reasonable, non-discriminatory obligations in relation to conduct, access, pricing.
- Prepare and draft regular status reports to the competition authorities:
- liaise with the parties and their advisors to establish and maintain adequate channels of communication
- identify and collect information required for the monitoring activity
- review information received from the parties
- identify compliance risks and issues and promptly notify competition authorities of substantiated concerns.
- Contribute to the growth of the practice:
- ensure that the internal quality standards are met at all times
- mentor/ coach junior members of the team
- identify business development opportunities and prepare/ participate in pitches
- identify and participate in networking events.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in either competition, compliance or case management is essential.
- Project management: responsibility for the day-to-day management of complex compliance projects, at various stages of the project's cycle. Successful and timely delivery of compliance projects.
- Analytical/ critical thinking: responsibility for the review of technical submissions from the parties and assessing compliance position. Able to sift through information to identify key issues, prioritise critical areas, seek guidance where necessary.
- Drafting: responsibility for drafting of reports/ sections of reports to the highest standards. Clear, concise and accurate presentation of, often technical, arguments with the changing audience in mind.
- Commercial awareness: responsibility for building and maintaining constructive relationships with the commercial side of the enterprise; able to skilfully reconcile the conflicting nature of the Monitoring Trustee's appointment.
What's on Offer
£50,000 - £70,000 PA DOE plus bonus and benefits