Compliance and Data Protection Manager
Expereince working in a pure data protection role
Looking for a Permanent role?
About Our Client
My client are a dynamic early growth company based in London seeking a motivated self-starter to lead and take on the responsibility for our compliance and data protection activities. We are looking for a person who can thrive in a growing environment, reporting directly to the Directors
- Designing, implementing, updating, and overseeing compliance at our company.
- Driving transparency initiatives.
- Writing and reviewing company compliance policies.
- Training staff on compliance policies and processes.
- Understanding the company's legal framework for processing activities.
- Monitoring and assessing risk.
- Reviewing and responding to Data Subject Access Requests, erasure requests, complaints, and other compliance related queries, from both customers and staff.
The Successful Applicant
- Proficient in data protection law (GDPR, DPA, PECR).
- Comfortable and confident working unsupervised.
- Excellent literacy skills.
- Effective communication skills - you will need to explain complex concepts and issues to the key stakeholders.
- Tolerant and respectful - we are a diverse workplace and you will work with people from a range of backgrounds and cultures.
- Technologically adept - your role will necessitate working with data and designing systems.
- Diligent time management - you will have many responsibilities and commitments to meet at the same time.
- Resilient - you will face unexpected obstacles and challenges on a regular basis.
What's on Offer
- Flexible working
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Pension plan
- Statutory holiday (28 days inclusive of bank holidays)