Looking for an immediately available Compliance Manager for a
Regulatory role to ensure internal and external compliance
About Our Client
Having been established in central London for more than 150 years, providing legal services throughout England and Wales. They have Clients that range from the worlds largest corporations to private individuals. They act for a significant number of charities, housing associations and Regulators. Describing them selves as a "full service" with specialists in Commercial/Corporate, Civil Litigation, Housing, Employment, Projects & Property Development.
- Working alongside the COLP, the Compliance manager will ensure that the firm is compliant with all regulatory responsibilities, including but not limited to;
- SRA Handbook;
- Anti-Money Laundering regulations;
- Risk Management;
- Best practise per se;
- Ensuring the Compliance section of the firms Intranet (doubles as the firms Compliance Plan) is kept up to date at all times with any necessary changes being made promptly;
- Reviewing the firms Risk Register;
- Advising employees and Partners within the firm on corporate governance best practise, regulatory and compliance issues as necessary;
- Assisting in developing, initiating, maintaining and revising policies and procedures within the Compliance section of the Intranet;
- Working with the COLP the Compliance Manager will provide effective communication on compliance matters with all internal stakeholders.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified solicitor ideally still in practise but still on the roll if not;
- Post graduate qualifications in Compliance, Money Laundering, Financial Crime Prevention would be helpful but not essential;
- Compliance Manager should have a minimum of three years experience in a compliance role in the legal sector.
What's on Offer