Excellent company benefits & career progression opportunities
Flexible working hours
About Our Client
Weaver Vale Housing Trust was formed in July 2002 following a transfer of Vale Royal Borough Council housing stock and is the only local landlord based in Cheshire; providing over 6,000 homes in Northwich, Winsford, Frodsham, Helsby and outlying rural areas.
Weaver Vale Housing Trust provide a range of affordable accommodation for all ages, from flats and retirement apartments to two, three and four bed houses. WVHT have developed a variety of services to support people in their day to day life, helping them live independently in their own homes. The organisation's fundamental aim is to help its customers improve the quality of their lives.
Since its formation, the Trust has completed over £100 million of improvements to its homes and undertaken a series of award-winning new build projects to provide affordable, energy efficient housing in Cheshire. Weaver Vale Housing Trust is a Sunday Times Top 100 company to work for, having retained this listing for an 8th consecutive year. In 2020, WVHT reached number 11 in the listing and achieved the accolade of a 2 star 'Best Company' to work for.
Vision - Transforming Neighbourhoods, Homes and Services to Improve the Quality of Life for our Customers
Values - Fairness, Openness, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration, Commitment, Customer Focus
The main purpose of this role is to ensure that Weaver Vale Housing trust is fully compliant with regulation, legislation and approved codes of practice in respect of property compliance, in particular gas safety, electrical safety, asbestos management, fire safety, water hygiene and lift maintenance & servicing.
- To ensure that all policies, process maps and procedures are in place, which facilitate the effective delivery of property compliance throughout the business and provide clarity for those with responsibility for operational delivery.
- To develop IT & data systems to support property compliance processes, so that management and Board have increased assurance in relation to asset numbers, data integrity and performance.
- To ensure the updating of the core asset management database (Keystone) in relation to all aspects of compliance, and the main housing management system (QL), which manages works programmes. To ensure that all new asset acquisitions and any sales of assets are fully managed in relation to compliance obligations.
- To develop robust key performance reporting for management, tenants, and Boards in respect of property compliance. In addition, ensure compliance performance and non-compliance issues are transparent throughout the business.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience and relevant qualifications in the management of Gas/Fire/Water Hygiene/Asbestos and lift safety. E.g. NEBOSH, P405, P901 etc.
- Experience in property compliance management; managing asset related risks including gas, electrical, asbestos, fire, water and lift maintenance and servicing.
- Experience in managing a large residential portfolio.
- Leadership of operational compliance people and processes.
- Delivery focused; compliance, health & safety, customer service.
- Awareness and acceptance of financial management.
- Computer & data literacy with experience of reporting systems.
- Committed to continued professional development.
What's on Offer
- Salary of up to £55,000
- Essential car user allowance paid monthly
- 37 hour working week with core working hours 10:00-12:00 and 14:00-15:30. Working around these core hours, the post-holder may start any time between 07:30-10:00 and finish any time between 15:30 and 19:00.
- 24 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- On site free parking
- Social Housing Pension scheme 5% employer & 3% employee
- Personal Development Plan
- Extra Day leave for 100% attendance
- Contribution to Childcare
- 20% off Brio Leisure