It's an exciting time to join Alt HAN in this broad Compliance Manager role.
Help to shape the business, Alt HAN is entering a critical phase of its delivery
About Our Client
This Compliance Manager role is being recruited by The Alternative HAN Company (Alt HAN).
Alt HAN is a not-for-profit company jointly owned by Energy Suppliers. We were established in 2016 for the sole purpose of finding an industry-wide solution for smart metering in hard-to-reach houses, apartment blocks and commercial premises. Specifically, where the broadcast signal from a smart meter communications hub is not strong enough to reach the gas meter or smart devices in the home. This problem affects around 5% of premises - and if not addressed could leave behind more than a million customers in the transition to a smarter, low-carbon energy sector.
Alt HAN is entering a critical phase of its delivery. In the first half of 2021 we will complete our technology testing and choose our preferred technology. In parallel we will be standing up the operations that are needed for energy suppliers to start using our services. From that platform we then plan to launch our services during the second half of 2021, and move to full-scale operations from 2022.
This is an exciting time to be joining Alt HAN and gives a great opportunity to help shape a Business from the point at which energy consumers begin to benefit from the services we provide to energy suppliers.
Reporting to an Alt HAN Director, key accountabilities for this Compliance Manager role (based in London) include:
- Playing a key role in building the Regulation & Compliance team, resources, capabilities and services.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with external stakeholders including energy suppliers, BEIS and Ofgem, and Alt HAN's commercial partners.
- Overseeing the catalogue of regulatory and statutory obligations and the supporting policies, procedures, and processes to ensure the traceability of compliance is effectively managed.
- Overseeing the management of and reporting against the operational risk register.
- Working closely with industry sector and compliance subject matter experts to maintain and develop the knowledge base to support the business compliance objectives.
- Working closely with departmental teams to drive a compliance culture across Alt HAN based on clear understanding of relevant legislation, regulations and guidance.
- Working collaboratively with an Alt HAN Director and peers to set and manage the team's strategy, plans, management reporting and budget.
- Developing a robust and proportionate framework of monitoring to ensure that regulation and compliance requirements and associated KPI's are met, and that risks of non-compliance are identified early and mitigated effectively.
- Working effectively as part of a team to build a clear operational understanding of actual or potential impacts of regulatory & compliance change on Alt HAN
The Successful Applicant
This Compliance Manager role is based in London and requires:
- Significant and relevant experience of working in a B2B or B2C organisation in a regulatory and compliance role at a team or departmental leader level.
- Demonstrable expertise in a relevant regulated industry, with good knowledge of health and safety, information security, data protection, GDPR and relevant regulatory frameworks.
- Demonstrable experience in a relevant risk management role, with experience of overseeing risk management and risk mitigation systems.
- Ability to interpret applicable legislation, regulation and industry guidance, and develop policies, procedures and processes to achieve proportionate and effective compliance requirements.
- A natural leader, comfortable engaging at all levels up to Executive management and Board, and externally with industry leaders, regulatory bodies and government policy makers.
- An inclusive delivery leader, with demonstrable success in working across teams and who can foster a culture of recognising, developing, and retaining diverse skills and talents.
- A compelling communicator with excellent written and verbal communication capabilities and comfortable communicating multi-layered information to stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong intellect with outstanding analytical abilities and the capability to solve complex problems and manage risk to achieve the right outcome.
- Experienced in presenting to stakeholders, including strategic partners, and industry leaders, regulatory bodies, and policy makers.
Alt Han is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
What's on Offer
£60,000 - £65,000 PA, depending on experience, plus additional benefits