- Small team with broad coverage across the firm
- Growing compliance team in the UK and Europe
About Our Client
My client is a banking firm with a growing UK & Europe team in London & Dublin. They also have a strong global presence.
The Compliance Monitoring and Testing Analyst will:
- Support of the Monitoring & Testing (M&T) program in the UK & Ireland region.
- Input into the development and maintenance of the UK and Ireland Compliance testing reviews methodology and associated procedures.
- Maintenance of the UK Compliance annual and multi-year testing plan.
- Creation, maintenance and review of the UK Compliance monitoring log and review of the effectiveness of the monitoring.
- Under the oversight of the line Manager M&T, plan and conduct desk-based compliance reviews to assess the effectiveness of the bank's policies and procedures to identify potential compliance gaps.
- Under the oversight of the line Manager M&T, on completion of any review agree a clear plan of action for resolution of all identified issues within agreed timescales and ensure that all issues are resolved as agreed.
- Track, assess and report on the status of remedial action identified within reports until resolved/concluded.
- Instigate reviews and investigation into regulatory queries and alleged rule breaches.
- Complete appropriate trend analysis and ensure that findings are clearly communicated.
- Under the oversight of the line Manager M&T, Conduct appropriate inquiries and investigations to ensure that appropriate corrective actions and/or risk mitigation actions are implemented in a timely manner or are escalated.
- Under the oversight of the line Manager M&T, Ensure any findings of the testing undertaken are clearly communicated to the Head of Compliance (HoC) and/or senior management of the business divisions as appropriate.
- Contribute to internal Compliance databases as required.
- Under the oversight of the team manager M&T, complete monthly management information for the status of the testing plan and the finding/action items in line with the global M&T Program requirements as well as additional local management information requested by the HoC.
- Keep abreast of UK and European legislation and regulatory developments and assist with the preparation of regulatory change reporting to keep management up-to-date on relevant legal and regulatory developments.
- Support of the UK Compliance Testing Plan and Reviews Procedure. Co-ordinate input from the global team and other members of UK Compliance.
- Assist with the formulation of new processes and/or systems to strengthen the controls environment Europe businesses operate within.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven relevant compliance, audit or regulatory testing experience in a financial institution or as part of an external consultancy providing these services.
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of securities/banking rules, regulations, by-laws, policies and procedures.
- Intermediate knowledge of UK and European regulatory principles and products.
- Experience of multiple stakeholder management at mid-senior management level, including stakeholders from the business as well as third party organisations.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and accompanying financial services package is on offer.