Compliance Monitoring and Testing Manager
Working as part of a smaller compliance monitoring team
Firm based in City of London
About Our Client
My client is a banking & capital markets firm with a UK base in the City of London.
The Compliance Monitoring and Testing Manager will:
- Support of the Monitoring & Testing program
- Input into the development and maintenance of the Compliance testing reviews methodology and associated procedures.
- Maintenance of the Compliance annual and multi-year testing plan.
- Creation, maintenance and review of the UK Compliance monitoring log and review of the effectiveness of the monitoring.
- Under the oversight of the line manager, plan and conduct desk-based compliance reviews to assess the effectiveness of policies and procedures to identify potential compliance gaps.
- Under the oversight of the line manager, on completion of any review agree a clear plan of action for resolution of all identified issues within agreed timescales and ensure that all issues are resolved as agreed.
- Track, assess and report on the status of remedial action identified within reports until resolved/concluded.
- Complete appropriate trend analysis and ensure that findings are clearly communicated.
- Under the oversight of the line manager, conduct appropriate inquiries and investigations to ensure that appropriate corrective actions and/or risk mitigation actions are implemented in a timely manner or are escalated.
- Under the oversight of the line manager, ensure any findings of the testing undertaken are clearly communicated to the Head of Compliance (HoC) and/or senior management of the business divisions as appropriate.
- Contribute to internal Compliance databases.
- Under the oversight of the line manager, complete monthly management information for the status of the testing plan and the finding/action items in line with the M&T Program requirements as well as additional local management information requested by the HoC.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Compliance Monitoring and Testing Manager will have:
- Solid relevant compliance monitoring, audit or regulatory testing experience in a financial services institution (preferably capital markets or investment banking).
- Strong knowledge and understanding of securities/banking rules, regulations, by-laws, policies and procedures.
- Experience of multiple stakeholder management at mid-senior management level, including stakeholders from the business as well as third party organisations
What's on Offer
A competitve salary and benefits package in line with experience.