Compliance Monitoring Officer
Car Leasing (FCA regulated)
About Our Client
Our client is leading independent car finance company. The Company's core business is the provision of contract hire company car fleets, salary sacrifice schemes, and HGV fleet management. The business does include some FCA regulated activity: Employee Care Ownership (ECO) schemes; a limited permission FCA firm offering Personal Contract Hire (PCH) to retail customers; and some outsourced 'white label' regulated activity.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Assisting the Head of Compliance to design and develop a risk-based Compliance Monitoring Plan (CMP). Continually reviewing the plan to ensure it remains fit for purpose.
- Assist the Head of Compliance to deliver the CMP.
- Conduct regular monitoring reviews in accordance with the agreed CMP, reviews will include assessing conduct risks and adherence to FCA, CCA, ICO/GDPR, Ofcom, Consumer Rights Act, JMLSG etc.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to undertake monitoring reviews in accordance with regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures.
- Recommend remedial actions to mitigate any regulatory risks, track business actions to a satisfactory conclusion within agreed timescales.
- Promote a strong compliance culture across the Group.
- Keep up to date on all relevant regulatory changes; ensuring these changes are reflected in the CMP/monitoring activities.
- Work with the Head of Compliance to continually improve processes and systems for Compliance reviews, with an emphasis upon business service levels, productivity, efficiency optimisation and the long-term benefits.
- Produce relevant, accurate and timely MI for the relevant governance/risk committees.
The Successful Applicant
- Extensive knowledge of FCA rules and applicable UK legislation & minimum of 3 years compliance monitoring experience
Demonstrable experience in an equivalent or similar role covering activities within a regulated environment in a substantial business, financial services organisation.
What's on Offer