- Growing international banking firm
- Based in the City of London
About Our Client
My client is a growing banking firm based in the City of London that covers a range of investment banking services.
Compliance Monitoring is instrumental for the bank in meeting regulatory expectations.
The Compliance Monitoring VP will be responsible for:
* Monitoring across all divisions of the bank
* Assisting the Head of Compliance Monitoring in related Monitoring tasks
* Lead the development, implementation and completion of the Trade Finance and Transaction Monitoring Compliance Programmes amongst other areas of the business
* Perform quality assurance reviews on Compliance Monitoring work to ensure required standards are met
* Provide high level technical input on Compliance Monitoring reviews where required
* Assess and opine on the Risk Based Approach implemented within those functions
* Provide expert advice guidance and direction on the implementation of the Financial Crime Trade Finance Control Framework to Senior Management
* Undertake regular assessment and report on the effectiveness of automation and artificial intelligence within the control framework
* Ensure all significant issues are escalated accordingly and that agreed remediation actions are specific, measurable and closed appropriately
* Stay abreast of regulatory developments and good practice, focusing on Trade Finance, to ensure Compliance Monitoring conducted is fit for purpose.
* Manage relations with key stakeholders both in the first and second line of defence
* Build and maintain effective relations between Compliance Monitoring and the business
* Provide senior management with meaningful information on the output of monitoring activities.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- Have a number of years of experience performing a Compliance Monitoring role within a Financial Services business
- Ideally have experience of this look at Trade Finance and/or Transaction Monitoring and Financial Crime
What's on Offer
This role is pitched at £70,000-85,000 pa plus benefits package. Compensation will be discussed in line with experience for the position.