- Do you have experience working in compliance within the legal sector?
- Looking for a temporary role?
About Our Client
My client provides information, expertise and influence to governments, health workers, NGOs and businesses to catalyse change so that health services can be accessed by the people who need them most.
* It is anticipated that the individual will have day to day co-ordination of a data protection project in some of Options' offices.
Policies and Training
* Ensure legal and compliance policies and guidance are kept up-to-date and are widely available to all staff globally.
* Support and guide on policy interpretation and implementation including providing training as needed.
* Monitor uptake of training in the UK and internationally.
* Develop or update targeted training materials on key compliance matters to ensure core understanding is delivered to different teams and in different country contexts.
* Support the Head of Legal Affairs on advising on all areas of donor compliance, including compliance with the UN Global Compact and Anti-Trafficking legislation.
* Monitor the organisation's compliance with a range of laws and policies and procedures with others. These include data protection and privacy laws and internal data protection policies and procedures and policies and procedures relating to conflicts of interest and gifts and hospitality. This will include monitoring the assignment of responsibilities, awareness training of staff involved in processing operations and related audits.
* Manage a range of registers such as conflicts of interest, anti-fraud and bribery and gifts and hospitality.
* Create and maintain all applicable registers and records including corporate records for Options and its subsidiaries and branches.
Due Diligence and Support
* Maintenance of and provision of support for the due diligence process for partners and suppliers including recommending and rolling out improvements to Due Diligence frameworks.
* Manage and provide support to the due diligence process with internal stakeholders including reviewing due diligence questionnaires.
* Manage and maintain due diligence and related registers.
* Provide advice and support to internal teams on due diligence processes as and when needed.
* Conduct and record vetting checks for partners, suppliers, staff and consultants.
* Provide efficient and high quality support to the Head of Legal Affairs on a range of ad hoc legal and compliance issues.
The Successful Applicant
Experience working for a busy legal or compliance department (whether in an organisation or a law firm)
Excellent computer skills - must be highly proficient at Word,
Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Sharepoint
Experience in creating e-learning modules very much preferred
Excellent organisational and record keeping skills
Excellent oral communication skills
Excellent research skills
Excellent grammar and spelling Ability to prioritise
Experience working in an international environment or with people in developing countries
What's on Offer
Temp role for 3-4 months (possibility of extension)