Join the Legal team of a large property business on a 12 month contract.
An excellent mix of contentious and non-contentious work on offer
About Our Client
A very large property business.
- Responsibility for providing timely and accurate construction law advice to the business, with the support of internal litigation and non-contentious property solicitors, primarily in relation to cladding fund applications as well as other building remediation projects as necessary while managing risk and resolving issues at an early stage.
- Assisting the business with legal formalities in respect of applications to government's cladding funds to remediate buildings with combustible cladding including ACM cladding fund agreements, Building Safety Fund funding agreement and pre-funding agreements and liaising with relevant government bodies, property managers and other stakeholders (both internal and external), including government departments, as necessary.
- Draft and negotiate any relevant agreements and documents necessary for the proper running of cladding fund applications and oversee external lawyers or property managers in relation to any such agreements, protecting the interests of the business.
- Advising on any third-party claims relating to building defects and liaising with any third parties as appropriate.
- Identify and manage issues on a project at an early stage and resolve then in the most cost-effective and commercial manner.
- If required, providing construction law advice to the business during the due diligence process of property acquisitions.
The Successful Applicant
Qualified solicitor, specialising in construction law, both contentious and non-contentious matters.
Strong technical experience of drafting, negotiating and dealing with construction contracts as well as a range of other agreements including consultant appointments, bond guarantees, forward funding, letters of intent and collateral warranties both contentious and transactional.
Strong experience of dealing with construction related disputes including arbitration and all forms of ADR.
What's on Offer