An opportunity to join proud market leaders in manufacturing titanium products
Looking for Construction Leader to join the team on a permanent basis
About Our Client
We have 4,500 employees across five continents are proud market leaders in manufacturing titanium products. We provide numerous products and services to industries around the globe, from pigments to coatings to colouring's.
The successful Construction Leader will work predominantly consists of installing new capital projects although can also cover upgrades and modifications to existing assets with all engineering trades covered from civil/building and structural to more traditional mechanical and piping installations with associated electrical and control instrumentation. Alongside this you will;
- Be accountable for the supervision of construction and commissioning activities related to works performed by sub-contractors and/or direct hire labour and will be line responsible for a number of Construction Supervisors.
- Act as the Principal Contractor on behalf of Cristal to ensure that the duties of the Principal Contractor, as defined by the CDM Regulations, are fully complied with.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Construction Leader will possess a range of the following;
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate (preferred)
- HNC / HND in Mechanical Engineering preferred or other relevant Engineering discipline.
- Significant previous experience in a construction supervision role / construction management role on multi-discipline heavy engineering projects on operating plants in the process industry
- Ability to manage a team of multi-disciplined internal and external contractors to ensure the effective delivery of the Stallingborough site project construction portfolio.
- Experience of shutdown (turnaround) work
- Must be an effective communicator as the role requires frequent communication, both written and verbal, at all levels of the organisation
- Knowledge of engineering standards other than core discipline
- Experience of the procedures and pre-construction checks and balances that have to be in place for the safe management of construction work in a top tier COMAH environment is essential.
- Experience of leading teams and/or line management experience within a chemical manufacturing process environment; preferably a top tier COMAH Site
What's on Offer
Developing our employees is very important to us so we provide a wide range of career paths, offering everyone the opportunity to broaden their experience, advance and build a professionally rewarding career. We invest in training to enable both professional and personal development and we offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes an annual bonus, pension scheme and 25 days annual leave.