- An excellent opportunity to add to start your portfolio career or add to it
- The CFO will bring a wealth of knowledge from their time in Agri/Food
About Our Client
My client is a family-owned, multi-site, group of companies headquartered on the South Coast. They cover the Southern region and are a major supplier to the agri-food sector. Group turnover is in excess of £100m t/o.
The finance and non-executive director will be an accomplished leader, providing advice, mentoring and support to the finance department, enabling the Board and senior management to make key decisions and develop the business strategy.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership to optimise the Group's financial performance
- Review budgets and annual plans
- Develop strong working relationships with senior management and shareholders
- Provide the interface with banks and other external advisors
- Plan optimum tax strategy
- Monitor debt levels and apply appropriate facilities
- Additional support, guidance and advice wherever it is needed in the Group
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record in a similar agri-food environment and ideally understand the nuances and structure of a privately or family-owned business. Whilst it is envisaged that the role will be on average 2 days a week, there will, understandably, be a degree of flexibility required.
This will provide a great opportunity to start a portfolio career or indeed add and exciting, growing business to your current portfolio.
Attendance at site is crucial for obvious reasons, so you must be able to commute to the South Coast h/q as and when required.
What's on Offer
A salary package or consultancy rate will be determined, dependent on what the successful candidate can bring to the business.