Digital Content Designer
£30,000 - £37,000
About Our Client
Michael Page are currently working in partnership with a Public Sector organisation based in the Midlands to recruit a Content Designer £30,000 - £37,000.
In you role as a Digital Content Designer you'll take the lead on embedding a user-centred approach for content design. You'll work with key stakeholders to understand user need, developing a network of content editors and assuring quality so that each service can update content in line with our corporate style guide and accessibility requirements. You'll act as a trusted and respected lead for the developing content within our colleague community, taking a proactive approach to establishing content requirements across the business and working with senior colleagues to establish audiences and develop user stories, as required.
You'll use analytics, user testing and client feedback to improve content across our digital portfolio, working with our web team to establish service principles based on credible user research. You'll own and update our style guide and support the development of our content strategy, implementing and managing an ongoing content review programme and workflow, adopted across the business. You'll provide copywriting and content support, as required, and work with the web team to identify, flag and troubleshoot bugs within the systems that support content management.
The Successful Applicant
- A minimum of three years of content writing for the web
- A sound understanding of user-centred, accessible content and online services, preferably with experience of working alongside UX and UI designers
- Proven experience in using analytics, user research and user feedback to define and improve content
- Proven experience of managing relationships with stakeholders
- Experience in working with a content management system, ideally Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Strong copywriting skills
- Knowledge of channels and content types, to enable you to recommend the best way to communicate information
- Ability to identify users and what their needs are, based on solid evidence and research
- Ability to translate user stories and propose design approaches or services to meet these needs, including the design of content to meet user needs
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Strong attention to detail, with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills
What's on Offer
A salary of £30,000 - £37,000 per annum plus benefits