Continuous Improvement Design Manager
Continuous Improvement Design Manager in London.
Join an innovative and market leading design and manufacturing business.
About Our Client
My client is an innovative market leading design and manufacturing business in London.
The Continuous Improvement Design Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead team to design tooling and equipment to maintain and improve the production of all products within the factory.
- Where appropriate, provide solutions that are based on the latest manufacturing technology; research new technologies, assess their suitability and ensure effective adoption.
- Implement engineering changes and new solutions and help develop the engineering change process. Ensure that realistic timelines are planned and kept to by your team, communicate progress and KPIs.
- Review and approve your team's engineering drawings and technical documents for release. Instil BS8888 and uphold strict drawing control practices.
- Conduct basic R&D and prototyping whilst maintaining meticulous records and issuing technical reports as necessary.
- Identify and liaise with suitable suppliers, produce CAPEX budgets and business cases, produce requirement specifications, negotiate new machinery purchases and manage their delivery.
- Assist with process FMEAs and risk management within the production environment.
- Work closely with Production Engineering teams to ensure that new equipment is effectively handed over; assist with validation trials and general production ramp up.
- Prepare technical resources for training and maintenance purposes.
- Ensure that new equipment meets the latest Health and Safety requirements and best practices such as PUWER and the machinery directive.
The Successful Applicant
- Design Manager in a similar design and manufacturing environment.
- A degree in Engineering or a similar related field is essential.
- Able to demonstrate successful design projects that have been implemented in industry.
- Good knowledge of lean principles and other manufacturing theories.
- Broad exposure to mechanical design and engineering, especially in implementing jigs, fixtures and tooling solutions.
- Practised at procuring cut and machined parts from various suppliers and sourcing new suppliers. Work closely with the in-house tool room and suppliers to assist in the realisation of new production worthy solutions.
- Proficient in 3D CAD software, especially SolidWorks, to produce intelligently modelled parts, assemblies and engineering drawings.
- A practical understanding of modern manufacturing processes such as automation, CNC, digitally controlled equipment, CMM or robotics.
- Able to coach, mentor and transfer your own technical skills to your team. Leadership qualities and the desire to provide strategic guidance to your team.
- Project management skills and the ability to influence projects across different departments. Run projects to good project management principals.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary with attractive company benefits