- Excellent opportunity to join an established business who continue to invest
- Leading lean deployment activities
About Our Client
My client are based on the outskirts of Cardiff and part of a global manufacturing organisation.
The Continuous Improvement Leader reports directly to the Lean Manager and is responsible for supporting the Business Operating System transformation efforts. Projects will be integrated with the plants lean deployment efforts and meet the guidelines, criteria and metrics established by the business.
- Executing against long and short-term objectives to support operating system goals.
- Working with other departments to identify, address and eliminate process related obstacles.
- Assisting in the change of systems/processes as required in support of the operating system initiatives.
- Utilise value stream mapping techniques to design optimal information, material and production flow methods.
- Act as a change agent to bring about improvements in process through the active support, participation and leadership.
- Participate in Gemba walks and coach employees on continuous improvement, standard work developments /modification/ adherence, flow, takt time attainment and problem-solving abnormalities causing takt misses.
- Providing necessary training specific to lean transformation tools and methodology under the guidance of the Lean Manager.
- Assist in updating and maintaining visual performance tools, including mission control and boards.
- Conduct cycle time analysis, time studies, work balance/flow improvements, work place analysis and improvement.
- Help develop more efficient ways to utilise people, machinery, materials, information and energy to make a product or service.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered as the Continuous Improvement Leader you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience.
- Ideally Degree in a related field or a track record of experience in a process improvement function gained within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead and direct an improvement team
- Must be a results-oriented 'change agent' who is an effective business system thinker
- Understand statistical analysis tools / methodology, project management, A3 thinking, SAP, quality and basic financial principles and apply them to analyse the planned activities
- Ability to use lean tools, such as SMED, Standardised Work, Gemba, Kaizen, 5 s, RCA and Value Stream Mapping
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the requirements of the role
What's on Offer
£40,000 to £45,000 dependant on experience, pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday.