Continuous Improvement Manager (Transport)
Transport Continuous Improvement Manager for a high regarded Logistics Provider
National role with a chance to make an impact
About Our Client
My Client is within the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain Sector, they are a highly regarded Logistics provider. This is a national role which can be based anywhere; ideally in the North.
The Continuous Improvement Manager (Transport) will;
- Develop and deliver a Continuous Improvement strategy
- Adopt a prioritised approach to identify opportunities to deliver improvement to health and safety, quality, cost and service.
- Provide management, expertise, collation and guidance on all Continuous Improvement projects and activities.
- To manage the Continuous Improvement projects for all designated operations in order to provide broader business benefit and a centralised focus
- Assist with Continuous Improvement proposals, coordinate and monitor progress. Utilise Value Stream Mapping and coordinate with Operations/Contracts Managers to establish process Improvements
- Liaise with the General Manager, Head of Transport and Senior Management team to identify and achieve pre-determined target savings.
- Capture and co-ordinate all current Continuous Improvement projects and establish a reporting method for these projects
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Continuous Improvement Manager (Transport) will have exposure to the following;
- Experienced in the deployment of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- Exposure to run a full Value stream map of all process and identify areas for lean initiatives
- Presentation skills and the ability to deliver CI training
- Project Management tools & techniques
- Proven practical application and development of Quality / Lean tools in retail environment
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of managing change in a challenging environment
- You will be process orientated, with a track record of implementing process improvements and controls within a supply chain environment
- You will have experience of working closely with clients and developing effective working relationships
- You must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, in order to optimise Transport performance
- This is a national role that will require travel and flexibility or could be based anywhere but ideally North West or North East
What's on Offer
The successful Continuous Improvement Manager (Transport) will receive;
Salary - £55,000 - £60,000
Private Health Care
25 days Holiday + Bank Holidays