- Working for a leading retail bank
- This role will report to the MD, Marketing Communications for the UK Bank
About Our Client
The business are a leading retail bank who offer a vast range of financial products and offerings to their customer base depending on their needs. The Contract and Media Director will sit in the Customer Team which is at the heart of the UK bank's business structure and will work across all products in developing customer journeys and marketing and media plans.
Key responsibilities of the Contract and Media Director:
Contact strategy and journey planning
· Work in partnership with the Customer, Channel and Product teams to develop a customer-centric contact strategy and personalised marketing model that will create more targeted, real-time, and relevant customer interaction and so drive NPS, engagement and commercial growth
· Lead the development of a strategy that orchestrates multiple customer initiatives around a life-cycle management approach that optimises value over time
· Develop a codified approach to journey planning and lead the development of the strategy and tactical deployment of marketing journeys
· Define and iterate appropriate contact principles to ensure contact across the customer base optimises customer and commercial objectives.
· Work in partnership with stakeholders across Marketing to support the development and activation of tools and technologies to better enable data-driven activities.Media strategy and channel planning
· Shape and define a process for integrated channel planning to drive break-through media neutral thinking, and ensure the optimum media choices and allocation of funds to meet campaign objectives.
· Develop disruptive media neutral campaign strategies to support brand objectives for the UK business; work closely with the Marketing Leadership team to provide break-through and highly integrated channel recommendations to support brand advertising campaigns
· Work in partnership with the Customer and Product teams to develop disruptive and highly effective media neutral channel plans to support drive business growth and achieve commercial KPIs
Integrated communications and activity planning
· Set a strategic and inspiring vision for the integrated marketing communications model for the firm that fully aligns to the Customer Strategy, marketing and brand strategies. Influence and partner with senior stakeholders to ensure the vision is adopted across the bank.
· Work with third party agencies (e.g. media agency, creative agency) to ensure they are effectively contributing to and aligned with the strategy
· Partner with the Marketing Strategy team to develop the Marketing Communications MTP / STP plans and act as the MarComms lead for the annual/ quarterly planning and demand management process.
· Work in partnership with the MLT and our agency partners to define clear and compelling messaging strategies to achieve customer and brand objectives
· Lead the development of inspiring and insight driven creative briefs that drive excellence in creative output
· Act as a Centre of Excellence for strategic communications planning within the UK business. Promote innovative and breakthrough strategic thinking within the broader marketing community.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
· Build a high performance culture and working environment that attracts and retains game changing talent that will transform the business, delivering a change in culture and mind-set that drives us to be truly collaborative and customer obsessed
· Manage relationships with key stakeholders across the business to ensure their needs are understood and met, to ensure buy-in to communications
· Manage relationships with partnership agencies ensuring that the company receives the highest quality service. Work closely with the agencies to develop their knowledge and understanding of customers and the bank
· Manage the relationship with Internal Communications to ensure close co-ordination between customer and staff brand communications
· Ensure effective succession plans are in place and talent is managed effectively.
· Lead and develop direct reports and team. Support, guide, develop, coach and provide inspiration to staff at all levels.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
· Excellent strategic marketing skills, excellent understanding and application of consumer insight.
· Excellent creative development skills and experience.
· Extensive marketing experience and senior team leadership experience including evidence of shaping strategy and delivering tactical execution. Ability to make decisions that will (positively) impact the future strategic direction of Marketing and the bank in general.
· Experience in detailed planning and budget management ensuring our resources are deployed in the optimum areas for maximum ROI. Confident in the careful and controlled management of significant team budgets.
· Strong influencing skills including negotiating with internal & external stakeholders; whilst also influencing the future direction of (and outlining the high-quality expectations within) Marketing.
· Excellent communication & presentation skills with the ability to make a positive impact internally and externally through confident, impactful & high quality communications and presentations. Confident in 'communicating our story' to a vast range of key influencers
Ideally the Marketing Director will have worked inthe agency space or retail banking/financial services
What's on Offer