Contract Surveyor: Weaver Vale Housing Trust
Times Top 100 Company to Work For'
Career Progression Opportunities
About Our Client
Weaver Vale Housing Trust is a Large Scale Voluntary Transfer (LSVT) housing association, formed in July 2002, operating in Cheshire. We are an independent organisation with a clear vision for our future which places our customers at the heart of all we do.
The Trust owns over 6200 homes, a large portfolio of garages, shops, community play areas and a variety of green open spaces. We have an ambitious new home development programme with both affordable rent and shared ownership homes being built across Cheshire. The Trust has invested significantly in its assets, services and the communities in which it works to support their sustainability, as well as improve outcomes and life chances for customers.
Our portfolio of homes is both diverse in type and location, spread across a large geographical area of Cheshire. Ranging from new build shared ownership homes, to long standing homes in larger estates and independent living schemes, as well as homes in more rural areas. This diversity brings with it a varied customer base, with a broad range of expectations and aspirations.
We are a Sunday Times Top 100 company to work for, having retained this listing for an 11th consecutive year. In 2020 we reached number 11 in the listing and also achieved the accolade of a 2 star 'Best Company' to work for.
- Carry out specialist damp, disrepair, and insurance related surveys
- Support the inspection programme of stock condition surveys across the Trusts stock base and help with validation of external surveys
- Carry out pre programme and cyclical surveys for delivery programme works including compliance related activity
- Ensure all housing management and asset databases (QL, 1st Touch, Documotive and Keystone) are updated with accurate surveying inspection reports / findings in real time
- Support the Senior Surveyor to ensure all works are delivered within budget and on programme
- Undertake fire door inspections in line with Compliance best practise recommendations
- Conduct quality assurance and health and safety inspections for both in progress and post completion of works on external contractors
- Oversee all health and safety works for CDM, occupational health and safety and compliance works delivered by trades teams and subcontractors
- Ensure effective supervision of trades staff and subcontractors
- Participate on the Property out of hours call out rota as Call Out Supervisor
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant trade/surveying qualification
- HNC in building services or construction (or equivalent)
- Willingness to undertake further qualifications
- Full UK driving license
- Proven experience of surveying role in either public or private sector
- Specific experience surveying damp and H&S related property conditions
- Experience of surveying and investigating disrepair claims
- Good knowledge of best working health and safety practices and legislation including CDM
- Detailed understanding of relevant building regulations, legislation, and standards.
What's on Offer
37 hour working week with core working hours 10:00-12:00 and 14:00-15:30. Working around these core hours, the post-holder may start any time between 07:30-10:00 and finish any time between 15:30 and 19:00.
24 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
Regular Car User allowance
On site free parking
Social Housing Pension scheme 5% employer & 3% employee
Personal Development Plan
Extra Day leave for 100% attendance
Contribution to Childcare
20% off Brio Leisure