Contracts Governance Specialist
Are you an experienced governance professional?
Do you have experience in the financial services and/or property sector?
About Our Client
Our client is a national housing provider based in Coventry. They are in search of a Contracts Governance Specialist to support the Head of Equity Loan Administration in setting up and operating their governance framework.
The Contracts Governance Specialist should provide sound guidance and support services across their Help to Buy (HtB) Contracts Governance Framework. Main duties and key accountabilities are:
- Support the Head of Equity Loan Administrator in developing and implementing the new Contracts Governance Framework, ensuring that 3rd Party Partners are clear about governance, performance and reporting requirements for the HtB Programme and Equity Loan Book Operations
- Deliver active and effective Governance Support Services for delivering the HtB Programme & Equity Loan Services to our customers
- Act as a highly professional and reliable resource in the areas of contract governance & compliance for the HtB teams by answering questions on procedures, policies, and directives of all aspects of the contract
- Establish, maintain and communicate a common a set of processes and procedures for the management and delivery of HtB contracts working closely with the process owners, and ensure that the processes and procedures meet the commercial, financial, operational and regulatory governance required
- Make it easy for HtB teams to do their jobs by reducing bureaucracy, providing and contributing to programme-wide training, mentoring and quality assurance activities
- Facilitate the meetings of the contracts governance platforms by providing necessary secretariat (including forward planning of meeting and agendas and minute-taking support where required) and enabling the delivery of the agreed actions on time
- Commission and distribute papers required for the formal/ regular meetings and ensure all information and documentation has followed the necessary clearance process
- Develop a good understanding of the issues across the contracts, anticipating where issues might arise and lead on the briefing for colleagues and HtB Executive
- Prepare reports on the status of the 3rd Party performance to various governance platforms and highlight risks and issues where appropriate
- Work flexibly to undertake research and explore options, helping to resolve the more challenging issues
- Support the management of risks, issues and interdependencies across the Contracts and ensure that they are escalated to the right level to inform executive decision-making
- Develop contract governance guidelines, processes and procedures and to support colleagues across the HtB by sharing good practice
- Support the Senior Managers in developing and managing processes for contracts and related improvement projects, including developing robust processes for ensuring data integrity and managing risks across all 3rd Party contracts
- Work closely with the Corporate teams (Legal, Finance, Risk etc) to review and develop systems to support the corporate and programme requirements, and to produce and communicate effective guidance on these
- Coordinate HtB team responses to Internal Audit reviews and regularly review and update the HtB contracts documentation in line with audit findings and/or best practice reviews as required
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Contracts Governance & Standards Team in the form of analysis, support and co-ordination of key reporting and data collection activities
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Degree level qualification and/or appropriate professional governance qualifications/membership or equivalent experience
- Background in financial services and/or mortgages and property sector
- Strong experience of contracts governance, performance management and 3rd Party engagement processes
What's on Offer
A fantastic contract role at a leading national housing provider, 50/50 split between their Coventry and London office (all expenses paid for), paying up to £350 per day.