Natonally recognised PLC builder.
Position created due to growth.
About Our Client
My client is an Award Winning Residential Developer based in the North West. With multiple UK offices, the business has built upon their strengths of building high quality homes. Due to their unprecedented success in the North West they are looking to add another experienced Contract Manager to an already well established team.
As Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for running multiple residential building development sites and contracts within the North West of England. You will report into the Construction Director, and be supported by Site Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Design and office based support. This position will play a key role within the business, and as such there will be strong opportunity to progress as the business grows. Essential professional and personal qualities are:
- To be a positive and inspirational leader who actively engages with his workforce to enhance the productivity of the project.
- Leading a package of works, with a fully integrated and dynamic relationship between design, construction and commercial activities.
- Demonstrate a positive 'can-do' attitude at all times whilst understanding the impact of decisions on all aspects of the project.
- To fully understand design / procurement / construction / completion planning, programming and progress reporting.
- To report openly and honestly at all times, acknowledging problems, analysing and providing seeking solutions
- Liaising with clients, professional staff including sub-contractors and the general public.
- Supervising Project Managers, Site Managers, contractors and internal staff on a daily basis.
- Meeting with Project Managers and Site Managers where appropriate.
- Managing and ensuring the Health & Safety of the entire site and project.
- Maintaining quality & safety control procedures.Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings.
- Motivating and driving the workforce in a productive and time effective manner.
The Successful Applicant
The Contracts Manager will have the following experience:
- Have 5 - 7 years minimum experience of managing medium to large developments.
- Experience in developments of over 100 plots.
- Previous success in overseeing at least 3 projects at a time.
- Project / Contract management experience essential.
- Ideally you will be located in the Manchester area as works will mainly cover the North West.
- Have experience working within Private Residential House building.
- Have excellent customer and business communication skills.
- Experience managing multiple Site Mangers.
- You will have strong experience of working closely with customers offering excellent customer care while representing the brand and be familiar with the requirements of the NHBC.
- Willing to be commutable to the North West Region and travel between projects.
What's on Offer
- £90k Per Year average earnings.
- Car allowance.
- Strong bonus scheme.
- Good pension and care.
- Working for a tier 1 developer with a fantastic reputation.