Excellent Opportunity in North London
Ongoing Interim Opportunity with a Leading London ALMO
About Our Client
A leading London ALMO based in North London, who are moving away from one of their main repair contractors and require assistance under the demobilisation of the main repairs contract
The role will include responsibility for the following:
- To work on ensuring that all works passed to one particular contractor is being carried out to the appropriate specification.
- To ensure that quality standards are met at all times and that the contractor is delivering on their promises.
- The role will focus on working with the contractor to make sure that works are progressing in accordance to contract timescales and operational 'Works in Progress' are kept to an acceptable level.
- The candidate will be responsible for carrying out post inspections and passing completed, signed off works, back to the relevant team to process payments and system completions.
- The role may also participate in planned work, ensuring that they are completed in line with the specifications.
The Successful Applicant
Key Attributes of the Successful Candidate include:
- Extensive knowledge of the repairs industry within social housing
- Building background with a suitable qualification or demonstrated experience
- Communication skills that will enable consistent and quality communication between staff, contractors and potentially residents
- Strong organisational skills to ensure that appointments are met, orders are raised, and work is scheduled efficiently.
- IT knowledge and experience, with demonstrated background in raising orders, checking repair order histories and basic skills in Microsoft packages
- Ideally good knowledge of communal works, including health and safety concerns, communal FRA matters, and overall responsibilities of the landlord.
What's on Offer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Contracts/Repairs professional to join a Leading London ALMO on an interim basis, to help manage the changeover of contractors. The role is an initial contract position, and has an immediate start. The role has a Monday - Friday, 36 hour working week, paying a competitive hourly rate of £22-23 Ltd.