Conveyancing and Compliance Paralegal (In-house)
An exciting and unique development opportunity for bright conveyancing paralegal
Rare in-house exposure as legal and compliance analyst with UK Leader
About Our Client
Our client is a UK leading provider of conveyancing software to the legal and private sectors.
The role will involve:
- Reviewing all current law and working practices and identifying necessary changes to keep our existing conveyancing workflows up to date and best in class. Interpret and document any changes required so that they can be programmed by our development or workflow configuration teams.
- Ensuring that all regulatory changes (Conveyancing Quality Scheme, SRA, Lexcel, etc.) are captured and translated into business processes which can be understood by our business analysts, developers or workflow configuration teams.
- Ensuring that our extensive legal precedent letters and document library is current and up to date at all times by drafting appropriate correspondence, legal templates, and precedents. All drafting must stand up to extensive peer review.
- Providing support to our product delivery and training teams where necessary to assist customers with their adoption and transition to using our workflows. This may involve occasional visits to customer sites to understand customer's business processes and to assess how they can be adapted to work with our products.
- Regularly reviewing existing workflows and proposing improvements in legal content, functionality and usability.
- Identifying and recommending changes to the workflow that will assist our customer firms in adhering to compliance.
- Analysing and documenting (including flowcharts in diagrammatic form) the business requirements of law firms when we build product features and implement new workflow content. This analysis will often involve direct customer and third-party contact including on occasion visits to third party / customer offices.
- Keeping up to date at all times with industry changes and ensuring the business is informed in advance of anything that may affect our products and services.
- Creating user stories for our workflow configurators to customise content (We will train you on this!)
- Testing and ensuring that changes made meet the acceptance criteria added as part of the user story.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for an effective communicator who is autonomous, innovative with the ability to identify, isolate and resolve complex problems. You will also have/be:
- Professional Qualification (eg Solicitor/Fellow of Legal Executives) OR Extensive experience in dealing with property matters (particularly Conveyancing)
- Proficiency in researching and translating statutes and official guidelines.
- Ability to draft letters and legal precedents to a professional standard.
- Experience of dealing with legal compliance.
What's on Offer
* Competitive salary £30,000-£37,000
* 25 days' holiday, with optional 5 days unpaid leave per year
* Free parking
* Annual lifestyle allowance of £300 to put towards an activity of your choice
* Cycle to Work scheme and Gym Flex scheme
* Internal coaching/mentoring system