Client Authorisation Required
Corp Services Category Officer and Senior Category Officer
Part of an exciting commercial transformation journey
Excellent career development and growth opportunities
About Our Client
Over the past 18 months, DEFRA have consolidated 5 different commercial organisation under one team and are now managing a spend in excess of £1.2billion. This has led to the creation of a number of new roles offering exciting projects and clear career development.
There are a number of roles in the Corporate Services category. This category has a diverse spend portfolio, making your days varied as you deliver critical programmes. With staff and offices across the country, this category covers goods and services that are used broadly across all areas of DEFRA. These include workforce (including temporary and permanent staff, training and other HR services) and professional services (both business related and technical). Corporate solutions is also significant, including travel (hotels and conferences) and fleet.
There are a number of roles in the corporate services category working on a range of sub-categories ranging from consultancy services and HR to contingent labour and travel. In these roles you will play an active part to ensure that DEFRA is a best in class department; you will be collaborating closely with major suppliers and senior stakeholders to challenge traditional ways of thinking and proactively engaging with suppliers to ensure that DEFRA is at the forefront of innovation and ways of working
The Key responsibilities of the Corp Services Category Officer and Senior Category Officer are:-
- Support and lead the delivery of projects, procurements and contract / supplier management roles across the technology category.
- Support the management and development of key supplier relationships to deliver exceptional performance in cost, service and quality.
- Build and sustain effective relationships with category customers;
- Provide day to day advice on commercial issues and governance across the relevant category, taking full account of risk, exploiting commercial opportunities and maximising value of money and savings.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Corp Services Category Officer and Senior Category Officer will be able to demonstrate:-
- A Commercial track record of setting high standards and delivering results in complex environments
- Experience at influencing Commercial decisions and stakeholders at an operational level and constructively challenge when necessary.
- Experience of leading strategic contract award negotiations and resolving dispute resolutions through negotiation
- Ability to building and maintain strong and productive working relationships with stakeholders and suppliers.
- Ability to communicate confidently and concisely. Effectively communicating with a wide range of stakeholders (at all levels) both in a technical and non-technical environment.
- Delivering improvements to ways of working and embedding change.
What's on Offer
DEFRA are looking for people to join them on this commercial journey. They are looking for people from all backgrounds who can demonstrate the right commercial skills, enthusiasm and aren't afraid to challenge traditional ways of operating. Though category experience would be beneficial, it is not always a deal breaker as they are big believers in developing people. Defra have a number of sites across the UK where the roles can be based from including London, Reading, Bristol, Peterborough, York, Warrington, Newcastle to name a few.
Defra have a number of permanent and fixed term appointments, with potential to go permanent, that they are recruiting to. Defra offers a generous benefits package along with flexible and remote working.
By joining Defra you will be supported by pioneering development and training. You will work with some of the most experienced and talented people in the industry and experience an inclusive culture that encourages you to fulfil your potential.
This campaign is being run as a rolling campaign. All vacancies are launched upon commencement of this campaign. Defra will be conducting sift and interviews in waves. Any vacancies remain unfilled after the first wave, will roll over into the next wave of the campaign for fulfilment. We will also look to use waves 2 and 3 to fill merit lists for future opportunities. The first wave of this campaign will close 17th July, with interviews commencing w/c 10th August. The second wave of this campaign will close 21st August, with interviews commencing w/c 7th September. The third and final wave of this campaign will close 18th September, with interviews commencing w/c 5th October. These dates are indicative only and subject to change.
- Please be aware that at this time interviews may take place either over the phone or by video conference.
- We will aim to give you a minimum of 5 days notice before inviting any candidate for interview but please be aware that this may not be possible and interviews may have to be changed at short notice.