Corporate Counsel - 12 month FTC
Excellent opportunity on south coast with well known brand
Good flexibility if needed and brilliant benefits
About Our Client
Our client is a well known south coast based client who also have offices in London. The role will be based in Bournemouth with the possibility of occasional London travel as and when required.
This role will see you supporting an exciting strategic project, corporate work and working closely with a Senior Legal Counsel within the team. You will also provide support to the General Counsel and liaise with external solicitors as required. Whilst the role is primarily focussing on supporting a major project, you may also be required to provide support to the wider team including the provision of legal advice and guidance on a wide range of commercial matters. This may include drafting and negotiating commercial contracts (including financial services distribution arrangements across all parts of our business, technology and general supplier contracts), managing disputes and providing legal input to key strategic projects.
The Successful Applicant
So what are we looking for? Quite simply, someone who's ready for a challenge, thrives in a fast paced and demanding environment, and has a proven corporate background.
Experience in the financial services sector would be desirable although not essential.
As a qualified solicitor in England and Wales, you'll have appropriate post-qualification experience to hit the ground running in our small, friendly but busy team.
You may already be working in-house, or you may be working for a large corporate practice and looking for your first in-house move.
Above all you are confident, professional and you understand what it takes to be an effective in-house lawyer operating within a highly regulated financial services environment.
You're personable, passionate and you enjoy being part of a high profile team.
You'll be able to deal with high volumes of work, have good attention to detail and have the ability to work to tight deadlines.
What's on Offer
On top of working for an award winning company and gaining good work-life balance, they will give you:
- 30 day's holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- a competitive pension for which our client will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14%
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Single cover private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- A generous 25% discount off insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from life products.
Salary: Dependent on experience (may also consider daily rates for candidates who need this arrangement)