Corporate Credit Analyst
Leading Global Investment Bank
Must have ratings or corporate credit analyst experience
About Our Client
My client is a leading Global Investment Bank with offices based in London.
- To act as the key credit partner to the UK Corporate Coverage business.
- The primary role of the Credit Analyst team is to produce and present high-quality analysis and recommendations on a portfolio of corporate clients.
- The key goal of the Credit Analyst team is to ensure that the bank is able to develop client relationships whilst managing credit risk and meeting regulatory requirements.
- The Credit Analysts add value through producing high-quality recommendations, managing the credit process and its stakeholders, sharing knowledge across the bank and by identifying opportunities and threats
The Successful Applicant
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Applicants should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in producing and presenting credit analysis in a Commercial, Corporate or Investment Banking environment. However, applicants with a similar background (e.g. rating agencies) will also be considered. Ideally the applicant will be experienced in analysing companies from a range of different sectors.
- Strong understanding of the UK banking market, key banking products and related legal loan documentation.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to work under time pressure and show persistence in following up key matters.
- Educated to degree standard. Formal credit or accounting qualifications would be advantageous.
- Strong technical credit analysis skills (including financial statements analysis, sector research, and financial modelling skills).
- Knowledge of banking products from a credit risk perspective, including:
- Plain vanilla commercial and corporate banking products (overdrafts, syndicated lending, term loans, cash management, guarantees and performance bond lines).
- Global markets products (including swaps, currency, commodities and other derivatives).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What's on Offer
This role is paying up to £65,000 base salary as part of a competitive overall compensation package.