Corporate Credit Analyst
Leading Global Investment Bank
Must have ratings or corporate credit analyst experience
About Our Client
My client is a leading Global Investment Bank with offices based in London.
- To act as the key credit partner to the UK Corporate Coverage business.
- The primary role of the Credit Analyst team is to produce and present high-quality analysis and recommendations on a portfolio of corporate clients. This is done within the context of managing existing relationships (i.e. annual reviews and ongoing monitoring) as well as working on new requests (i.e. new banking facilities or amendments to existing facilities).
- The key goal of the Credit Analyst team is to ensure that the bank is able to develop client relationships whilst managing credit risk and meeting regulatory requirements. They do this by working closely with various stakeholders, notably the Relationship Managers and the Risk function of the bank.
- The Credit Analysts add value through producing high-quality recommendations, managing the credit process and its stakeholders, sharing knowledge across the bank (e.g. sector knowledge) and by identifying opportunities and threats (e.g. early warning signs).
The Successful Applicant
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Applicants should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in producing and presenting credit analysis in a Commercial, Corporate or Investment Banking environment. However, applicants with a similar background (e.g. rating agencies) will also be considered. Ideally the applicant will be experienced in analysing companies from a range of different sectors.
- Strong understanding of the UK banking market, key banking products and related legal loan documentation.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to work under time pressure and show persistence in following up key matters.
- Educated to degree standard. Formal credit or accounting qualifications would be advantageous.
- Strong technical credit analysis skills (including financial statements analysis, sector research, and financial modelling skills).
- Knowledge of banking products from a credit risk perspective, including:
- Plain vanilla commercial and corporate banking products (overdrafts, syndicated lending, term loans, cash management, guarantees and performance bond lines).
- Global markets products (including swaps, currency, commodities and other derivatives).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What's on Offer
This role is paying up to £65,000 base salary as part of a competitive overall compensation package.