Corporate Finance Analyst
Opportunity to work with a leading European Power Generator
Join a proactive team with a large active diversified deal pipeline
About Our Client
EP UK Investments ("EP UK") is part of the Energetický a Průmyslový holding (EPH) group, an energy and utilities group based in the Czech Republic. EP UK is the UK M&A division seeking to grow the UK business including existing and new generation assets and other business opportunities across the energy sector. Recent acquisitions in the UK include 2300MW of existing and 1300MW of new build combined cycle gas plants from Centrica, and Lynemouth Power Limited (100%) from RWE Supply and Trading, a 400MW coal to biomass conversion. EP UK owns c6% of the UK's generating capacity.
EPH is a vertically integrated energy utility operating mainly in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, Hungary and Poland. It employs over 20,000 people across 40 companies, operating in coal extraction, electricity and heat production from conventional and renewable sources, including electricity, gas and heat distribution, gas storage and transmission. EPH is the 7th largest operator in Europe generating over 100TWh of electricity.
Summary of duties for Corporate Finance Analyst:
- Scenario analysis modelling - preparing financial models for scenarios including economic appraisal of competing projects.
- Coordination of due diligence processes - liaising with advisors and internal teams on due diligence and collating key findings
- Investment analysis - preparation of financial and commercial analysis to support due diligence processes as well as a wider acquisition strategy.
- Preparation of adhoc analysis for specific commercial issues - evaluate complex business issues and decisions including economic and commercial analysis.
- Compilation of presentations and papers for decision making - prepare high quality papers which are user focused, clear and understandable to enable senior management and board decision making.
- Long term strategic analysis - evaluate the financial and commercial impact of changes to the commodity and energy markets as well as the regulatory and political landscape on generation assets.
The Successful Applicant
Knowledge and skills required:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- ACA qualified
- Competent with desktop IT, particularly excel.
- Highly effective organisational skills.
- Effective communication skills particularly in production of written reports.
- Effective team worker and ability to work independently.
What's on Offer
- Location: Central London
- Salary and benefits: Competitive