Corporate Finance Associate
Newly created position within a growing Corporate Finance function
Opportunity for a newly qualified ACA looking to move into Corporate Finance
About Our Client
EP UK Investments (EP UK) is part of the Energetický a Průmyslový holding (EPH) group, an energy and utilities group based in the Czech Republic.
EP UK is the UK M&A division seeking to grow the UK business including existing and new generation assets and other business opportunities across the energy sector.
Recent acquisitions in the UK include pending transaction for 2300Mw of existing and 1300MW of new build combined cycle gas plants from Centrica and Lynemouth Power Limited (100%) from RWE Supply and Trading, a 400MW coal to biomass conversion. On conclusion of the transaction, EP UK will own c6% of the UK's generating capacity.
The Corporate Finance Associate position has come about as a result of the Group's growth organically and acquisitively in the UK. The role will involve financial modelling for investment analysis and decision making, preparation of analysis papers for senior management and broader commercial analysis to support acquisitions.
In summary the key responsibilities include:
- Investment Analysis- preparation of financial and commercial analysis to support due diligence processes as well as wider acquisition strategy
- Acquisitions modelling- preparing financial models for acquisitions projects including balance sheet, P&L and cash flow
- Project co-ordination- co-ordinating multiple transaction work streams during acquisition and integration processes
- Preparation of ad-hoc analysis- evaluating strategic issues for existing businesses including economic analysis
- Compilation of presentations and papers- to produce high quality papers to enable senior management and board decision making
- Commercial Analysis- in connection with the group strategy in the UK
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the Corporate Finance Associate position, you require:
- Degree level Qualification or equivalent
- ACA qualification
- Competent with desktop IT, particularly excel
- Effective communication skills particularly in production of written reports
- An interest in the Energy/Utilities sector is desirable
- Effective team worker with the ability to work independently
What's on Offer