- To create and lead an M&A advisory service offering within a fast-growing firm
- Flexible & dynamic working environment with full support to build your own team
About Our Client
Ballards LLP are an award-winning firm of chartered accountants that offers an integrated approach to accounts production, audit, taxation and strategic business advice.
They provide a modern approach to accountancy considering all aspects and opportunities for their clients. That said, they firmly believe that the 'one size fits all' approach is not for them. They understand that all clients require a bespoke service based on their specific requirements.
Many of their clients say they engage them because of their reputation for proactive advice, commercial support and providing a flexible and personal service.
The senior management and Partner team have experience working across Big 4 and Top 10 accountancy practices and able to bring cutting edge techniques and processes to the table. This coupled with their genuine passion to support growth and success creates a winning formula.
This role will complement the existing advisory services and allow Ballards to be a true full-service firm. The role will include a wide variety of responsibilities, which include setting and actioning the growth agenda for the firm across the region and nationally, as well as sourcing and delivering hands-on deal leadership of M&A transactions.
- Contribute technical expertise in lead advisory and use this expertise to provide a value service to internal/ external clients.
- Develop technical skills in others through promoting and implementing new and best practices.
- Keep up with and predict new developments and ideas, and develop skills and knowledge, staying up to date with new developments and ideas to ensure we are competitive.
- Spend time on the wider, strategic perspective of technical work, thinking about its impact on the firm as well as our internal/ external clients.
- Lead a portfolio of opportunities and create more from existing clients.
- Plan and manage resources (technology, people, and budgets) effectively to deliver against business priorities and wider firm goals.
- Drive and take ownership for developing networks that help deliver the best offerings for our external clients.
- Build inclusive teams, ensuring that my team embraces diversity of thought, skills, experience, and background to drive collective innovation.
- Sponsor others in their career development.
- Attract and secure the best talent for the firm.
The Successful Applicant
- ACA/ICAS/ACCA/MBA/CFA qualified
- Proven track record of M&A lead advisory, coupled with experience of developing business off the back of a professional network
- Experience in a corporate finance advisory boutique, investment bank, or larger professional services firm
- Strong technical knowledge and experience to find and expand market-leading teams
- Generalist mid-market experience
What's on Offer
- Highly competitive base salary and bonuses
- Opportunity to create and lead your own lead advisory team
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Free parking with designated electric charging bays