Corporate Tax Senior Associate
Great opportunity with a top firm
Great career prospects
About Our Client
My client is one of the world's leading professional services organisations.
From countries all over the world they help clients - some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as the most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want.
My client is looking for Senior Associates to join the successful and growing South East Tax team.
They have opportunities for people to work in all parts of the business whether you specialise in advising Multinationals or prefer working with Private Businesses.
Their aim is seamless client service, from complex tax advice to compliance, often as a "Trusted Advisor" to our clients. The vast majority of the compliance work is managed by dedicated compliance teams across the UK and therefore they offer exposure to a high standard of advisory work on a varied portfolio with great opportunities for career advancement. As a Manager you would be expected to develop client relationships and manage the delivery of the client team.
Our offices provide the opportunity for ready access to our clients across the South East and can provide our staff with the opportunity to develop their experience in a number of different industry sectors such as Retail, Pharmaceuticals, Technology and Energy.
The Successful Applicant
You will be given the opportunity to work closely with specialists in particular areas such as international structuring, research and development and transfer pricing.
The successful candidate will have a strong UK tax knowledge, combined with the proven ability to provide a commercial tax service to clients and experience of working as part of multiple client teams supporting ongoing clients and contributing to one-off projects.
The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Proactively managing a portfolio of clients and generally working to Managers and above
- Establishing effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Being proactively involved in the financial management of the client
- Contributing to the development of personal and team knowledge
- Building your own network of contacts through regular attendance at internal and external meetings
- Keeping up-to-date with changes in law and in the firm's products and services
- Keeping up-to-date with local and national business and economic issues that might potentially impact on clients and /or their industry.
The successful candidate will require the following skills and attributes:
- ACA/CTA (or similar) qualification.
- Essential skills and experience
- Relevant experience, gained in an accountancy or legal firm
- Risk aware
- Excellent interpersonal skills (ability to communicate with non-Tax specialists is key)
- Self- motivated
- The ability to work to tight deadlines effectively and manage a broad portfolio of clients and targets.
What's on Offer
Our client offer very competitive salary as well as the benefits that come with being part of a multinational organisation.
If you are interested in this role or similar roles within practice please get in contact directly with Jack Hughes on 02380 206 441.