Corporate Tax Senior Manager
Leading accountancy practice with established tax team
Opportunity to be a key member of the team and progress to Partner
About Our Client
A fast growing accountancy practice based in the heart of Manchester city centre. They are committed to providing a diverse range of compliance and specialist services specifically designed to their client's individual needs. They work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large international corporations and everything in between.
As Corporate Tax Senior Manager, your main duties will include:
- Building and maintaining tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service.
- Planning the delivery of our corporate tax compliance services with clients together with our accounts and audit service lines.
- Reviewing corporation tax computations and tax accounting disclosures prepared by junior team members.
- Advising companies of their tax liabilities and payment deadlines.
- Managing HMRC enquiries on behalf of clients.
- Researching technical aspects of tax computations and responding to ad hoc technical queries from clients.
- Contributing to the efficient and successful delivery of tax services to the client.
- Building relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and managing delivery of services to clients.
- Contributing to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients through business development.
- Managing the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken.
- Ensuring that compliance services are delivered to firm tax compliance processes and tax manual
- Ensuring the tax compliance tracker is maintained.
- Management of WIP and raising client invoices.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Corporate Tax Senior Manager will be:
- CTA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualified.
- Have at least 3 years' post qualified and relevant but varied tax experience.
- Experience of preparation and review of tax computations/returns and tax accounting workings
- A working knowledge of the key principles of UK GAAP and IFRS accounting.
- Ability to identify and deliver solutions to compliance matters outside the preparation of the computation such as SAO, statements on tax strategy, Country by Country reporting etc.
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further.
- Experience of dealing confidently with a variety of business clients.
- Track record of supporting and developing junior members of staff.
- An outgoing approach with the ability to build strong relationships both internally and with clients.
- Excellent communication skills.
What's on Offer
A competitive remuneration package i.e. £60,000 - £80,000 (dependent on experience)
Pension (Auto Enrolment).
25 days Holiday + Bank Holidays.
Training and development within the role.
A collaborative working environment.
Opportunity to progress in your career within a growing company.