- Provide an ambitious entrepreneurial approach to Tax advice.
- Genuine prospects for long term career progression and development.
About Our Client
This very successful business and professional services firm of accountants has developed a strong reputation for delivering quality services, along with building strong relationships with its wide-ranging client bases, across varying industries and size of the client. This firm covers a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency. The firm offers a very supportive and team-focused environment, reflected by a low staff turnover and long-serving staff. A paperless, digitally-transformed firm that strongly believe in using technology to help their clients stay on top of their books and accounts.
The key responsibilities for this Corporate Tax Senior position at a leading accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
- Work closely with key executives on creating more Tax advisory opportunities through existing clients;
- To assist the client relationship managers/partners in tax technical areas to deliver tax advisories such as IHT planning, capital gains tax planning and exit planning to clients of the firm;
- Reviewing technically complicated tax compliance work including corporation tax, personal tax, partnership tax and IHT returns;
- To assist in procedural improvements to the tax compliance process (corporate and personal) and cascade down tax developments to the compliance team; and
- To work closely with key colleagues and leaders across the business, and to provide a competitive and ambitious entrepreneurial approach to your work.
The Successful Applicant
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Corporate Tax Senior role at a leading accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be:
- At least 3 years of practice experience;
- ATT qualified/working towards CTA;
- Considerable and demonstrable experience of working within the partnership tax and/or private client tax field;
- Demonstrable experience of building and growing tax advisory function with profitable returns;
- Highly tax technical, with the ability to research answers to tax technical questions and able to analyse and interpret tax legislation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to easily present and convey complex issues to wide audiences;
- Ambitious and with an entrepreneurial spirit which will capitalise on the firm's open style to new work streams and methods;
- Tax compliance - ideally personal, partnership, trust and corporate but at least personal and partnership is essential;
- Trust tax including trust tax returns, IHT estate calculations, IHT lifetime tax, IHT planning and succession planning;
- Capital gains tax including knowledge of all capital gains tax reliefs such as Entrepreneurs relief, rollover relief and gift relief; and
- Working knowledge of tax residency rules (but not the taxation of 'non-dom's') - A working knowledge of the more typical VAT issues, such as the applicable rates, partial exemption methodology and property transactions.
What's on Offer
Fantastic office location;
Well established, supportive team; and
Growth, autonomy, and a genuine opportunity to further your career.