Corporate Tax Specialist
City of London
£60,000 - £70,000
Interesting and diverse Tax opportunity
Excellent career progression and benefits package
About Our Client
A leading Pan Asian Commodities trading house.
- Planning, co-ordinating and managing the delivery of Corporate Tax compliance (Tax Computations and Returns, Quarterly Tax Payments and Tax Enquiries) for UK Companies within the group.
- Planning, co-ordinating and managing quarterly, semi-annual and annual tax consolidated accounting for IFRS results reporting.
- Planning, co-ordinating and managing annual tax reporting for UK standalone financial statements.
- Monitoring tax compliance (Tax Returns and Tax Payments) for Non UK Companies within the EMEA-CIS region.
- Supporting businesses with the preparation of the Transfer Pricing documentation for each UK company and ensuring the documentation is up-to-date. This includes coordination of information for the purposes of country by country reporting to head office.
- Coordinating the corporate tax processes to support compliance against the requirements for Senior Accounting Officer for the UK companies within scope.
- Preparation of the UK companies CFC reporting requirements.
- Reviewing and implementing the technical reporting requirements under the corporate interest restriction provisions and other legislative changes as announced as part of the Base Erosion and Profit Shirting measures.
- Managing external relationships with the HMRC corporate tax compliance team, the companies' tax advisers and their auditors.
- Supporting the Senior Corporate Tax Specialist with the provision of UK corporate tax advisory services, including international tax related matters, to our businesses wherever based.
- Preparing tax advice and tax research on Group Restructuring projects including the acquisition of new, and disposal of existing, investments across the EMEA-CIS region.
- Providing assistance and support for non-UK Tax Audits.
- Support the Senior Corporate Tax Specialist with the implementation of an updated corporate tax governance framework including the delivery of process improvement initiates for the internal controls, assurance and audit aspects of the tax risk framework.
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- CTA preferred
- Self-starter with ability to liaise and build relationships with colleagues and advisors
- Strong communicator - both written and spoken
- Proactive at managing own workload and stakeholder expectations
- Curious, prepared to challenge the status quo and resilient
- The candidate will have preferably worked in industry with diverse, multinational operations and will be commercially focused but this is not essential - this would be a good first move from public practice
- Solid experience and knowledge in accounting and corporate tax
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and keen to embrace new technological ways of working
- Proficient user of OneSource (tax software)
- Good knowledge of SAP BW
- Ability to navigate in SAP R3
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Excellent bonus
- 9% non contributionary pension
- Free gym membership
- 25 days annual leave as well as in-between Christmas and new year off