- This is a new permanent role in a scale-up financial technology firm
- This person will develop and execute the new credit risk policy and function
About Our Client
My client is a fast growing financial technology firm specialising in foreign exchange and online money transfers. Their offices are in the City of London.
The Counterparty Credit Risk Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Create and monitor counterparty risk limits.
- Credit analysis, credit rating assignment and risk management for financial institutions and payments processors as well as setting and monitoring credit risk appetite.
- Monitoring and analysis of credit risk sensitivities in the Financial Institutions portfolio
- Understand how macroeconomic and market events impact our portfolio and counterparty credit quality.
- Own the Counterparty Credit Risk policy and liaise as necessary with other functional groups including Product Treasury, Banking, operations, market risk, risk reporting, regulatory, controllers and capital.
- Monitor market risk including interest risk and recommend actions to the management to reduce exposures.
- Grow and manage a high performing Credit Risk team.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Counterparty Credit Risk Manager candidate will have:
- Relevant previous credit experience, specifically geared towards analysis and understanding of private counterparties.
- Substantial experience as a risk manager with an excellent understanding of credit risk metrics, as well as credit risk mitigation techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to draft comprehensive finacnial policies.
- Knowledge and understanding of internal credit rating models and methodologies, as well as credit risk monitoring approaches and systems.
- Ability to establish partnerships across the organisation and build effective work groups with teams like Banking and Product Treasury.
- General knowledge of Credit Risk concepts and bond markets
- Proven experience in Credit and Market Risk Management
- Experience in team management
- Financial Services background, ideally in a fast paced fin tech environment
What's on Offer
This is an exciting new permanent role offering the following additional benefits:
- Stock options
- Generous parental leave
- Travel to other global offices
- Loads of growth and development opportunities
- A fun work environment with social activities and events