- Opportunity to practise court of protection law
- Based in London
About Our Client
Multi-site law firm based in London.
* You will be joining a team that specialises in providing Court of Protection
Deputyship support for clients who have on-going complex Personal Injury or
Clinical Negligence claims. This involves managing multi-million-pound
awards. You will work closely with the Partner that oversees this specialist
* Will work closely with a Partner on Deputyships focused on providing
litigation support, together with managing an independent caseload, some of
which might include contentious Deputyship work.
* To provide comprehensive legal advice and representation to clients and
family members, within the context of the Mental Capacity Act and other
relevant legislation, supported by a supervisor.
* Areas of work will include the management of Property and Affairs
Deputyships, working with brain injured and vulnerable clients, Trust
management, assisting with tax affairs and accounts, drafting Personal Injury
Trusts, Statutory Wills, Welfare Deputyship applications and other associated
applications to the Court of Protection.
* Other work will include the purchase of properties and adapting them for the
needs of our disabled clients, creating and monitoring client's budgets to
ensure fund sustainability, liaising with case managers, doctors, therapists,
care teams, surveyors, architects and other specialists.
* Attend clients at hospitals, in their home and care/nursing homes.
* Make regular payments to clients and keep accurate schedules of these
payments. Also forecast forward spending and creating of budgets.
* Day-to-day contact with clients and their individual lifestyle requirements.
* Delegate and supervise tasks where appropriate to paralegals and trainees.
* Work as a part of a team under the supervision of a Partner of the firm.
The Successful Applicant
Background in Court of Protection law.
Based in London or Essex.
What's on Offer