Credit Analyst - Banking
Banking - Temp to perm
About Our Client
My client are a well known company within Financial Services
Overall function and main purpose of the position
Assembling and submitting written credit proposals/recommendations to the London HUB's Head of Credit in favour of new and/or existing counterparts belonging to the London Hub's credit perimeter, according to the Bank's policies and procedures, as per the request prompted by the London Hub's Head of Credit.
- Assigning/updating internal ratings to any relevant counterpart belonging to the London Hub's credit perimeter, according to the Bank's internal rating model methodology and procedure, as per the request prompted by the London Hub's Head of Credit.Collecting full sets of information (i.e. annual and interim financial statements, industry data, industry analysis / researches / reports / articles from, among others, Moody's, S&P's, Bloomberg, Credit Edge KMV and Brokers) for each relevant counterpart under examination (i.e. parent, borrower, guarantor, sponsor) ;
- Analysing each relevant counterpart's business model / profile;
- Spreading each relevant counterpart's last two (at least) financial statements and latest interim report (if available), as well as any Business Plan / Forecast / Projections (if available, and so required) into the Bank's standard forms and formats;
- Performing the analysis of each relevant counterpart's position vs. competitors / peers, highlighting key features of the industry(s) it operates into (i.e. growth drivers / industry's specific credit factors, regulatory framework / issues, macro / microeconomic trends / cycles) and its Strengths / Weaknesses / Opportunities / Threats within such context.
- Performing written reviews of each relevant counterpart's operating performance and financial position through fundamental and ratio analysis of P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements, according to the Bank's standards and procedures;
- Analysing each relevant counterpart's Business Plans / Forecasts / Projections under different sensitivity scenarios (base case vs. worst case(s), if available, and so required), according to the Bank's standards and procedures.
- Communicating and interacting effectively with all the players / functions involved in the credit granting process (i.e. Relationship Manager(s), London Hub Legal Department, Product Desks and HO Credit Analyst(s)).
- Condensing the Relationship Manager's request (i.e. new credit line(s), review(s), amendments and/or waivers of existing credit lines) into an effective summary, including a thorough description of the collateral package, if any, and other relevant T&Cs safeguarding the risks under examination.
- Double checking and validating the input to/from London Hub's Monitoring & Administration Desk relating to credit lines booked / to be booked in favour of each counterpart under her examination.
- Attending (when asked) to visits, presentations events and bank meetings of existing counterparts and/or prospects belonging to the London Hub's credit perimeter.
The Successful Applicant
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Degree or equivalent in Economics
- CFA (Level 1-2) certification a plus
- Excellent Communication skills in English, fluency in Italian preferred
- Strong team player
- Minimum 2-3 seniority years in Credit Analysis at major financial institutions
- Permission to work in UK
Candidates mustpossess strong communication abilities, especially with regard to writing skills in English; be thoroughly analytical and organised, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure during peak periods
What's on Offer
350 a day
temp to perm role