This is a new role in a well established leasing firm based in West London
This person will have leasing experience as well as a background in underwriting
About Our Client
My client is a leading equipment finance company based in West London.
The Credit Analyst will be responsible for:
- Analysing credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit in all business channels for predominantly mid-ticket transactions, as well as supporting sales-aid leasing/flow business where and when required
- Interpreting and evaluate internal and external credit reference agency, broker and market reports to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit.
- Evaluating customers' financial status
- Interpreting and evaluating collateral curve analysis, in line with market, sector, and portfolio considerations to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit
- Preparing domestic and external risk reports that include the degree of risk involved in extending credit for all mid-ticket business channel transactions with clear, concise and rational recommendations for the credit decision
- Exercising a personal sanctioning authority with diligence and care and preparing recommendations for those transactions outside of the personal sanctioning authority.
- Maintaining compliance with all leading industry guidelines and statutory regulations including consumer credit, treating customers fairly, anti-money laundering and data protection
- Reviewing existing transactions periodically to include the evaluation of payment history, purchase activity, collateral curve analysis, market/broker intelligence and prepare recommendations for the renewal of internal credit ratings/facilities
- Ensuring that all transactions presented to risk for pay-out meet the appropriate credit sanction and credit limit issued and that all documentation in respect of specific risk caveats has been provided and properly executed
- Providing guidance and instructions to front office for efficient and productive risk identification, analysis, assessment and presentation
The Successful Applicant
The Credit Analyst will have the following background:
- Leasing experience in an equipment finance firm or equivalent subsidiary
- A minimum of 3-5 years of credit experience, ideally with time spent analysing and interpreting financial statements/data from a variety of industries and commercial backgrounds
- Excellent analytical skills tempered with a sense of commerciality and business focus
- A good knowledge of the asset finance industry and the various product offerings and types of funding facilities available
- Ability to competently and confidently analyse unsecured & secured transactions in the mid-ticket sector
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and efficiently both verbally and in writing to peers and senior management alike
- Good experience in Risk assessment of structured lending/cash flow lending based transactions
What's on Offer
This is a permanent role based in West London.