- This is a new permanent role in a well established insurance firm
- This person will support the credit & political risk team
About Our Client
My client is a subsidiary of a large European insurance firm. This role is based in London.
The new Credit Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Analysis of a high volume of new business, focused on credit enquiries, providing analytical recommendations to underwriting colleagues in line with the team risk appetite, based on comprehensive submissions generated by underwriting colleagues.
- Establish and maintain annual credit assessments, limits and internal ratings for regularly reviewed obligors which typically do not have external credit ratings
- Ongoing live portfolio analysis, including maintenance and review of trigger event metrics for all exposure and aggregations, across geographies, industries, obligors, risk types and client groups.
- Generate regular and ad hoc reporting to support the team
- Complete project work as required to support portfolio analysis, account development, credit policy and credit appetite.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Credit Analyst will have:
- 2 years minimum experience in credit analysis, ideally in an Insurance firm or bank
- Educated to degree level
- An understanding of credit analysis and underwriting
- An interest in financial markets and the economic climate
What's on Offer
This is a permanent role based in London. The starting salary on offer is £60,000 - 70,000 basic plus bonus and benefits.