- Exciting and busy workplace
- Varied role within a high performing team
About Our Client
The business is based near Wallingford and operates on a national basis, they have significant parking on site and can easily be reached by public transport too.
The business works with a wide range of national B2B clients and you will be part of a team of 4 that will help reduce the age of the overdue debt. You will report into the Credit Manager and work as part of a relatively flat structure within the team.
There are currently about 18k live accounts, giving circa 4k accounts for each individual, the debt ranges from £50 to 500k. Much of the ledger is already processed via direct debits, there are some accounts where investigation and historical reconciliations will be necessary but the vast majority need to be collected via phone interaction.
The key responsibilities of the Wallingford based Credit Controller will be to:
- Act as first point of contact for your account base, responding to customer account enquiries.
- Chasing overdue invoices by telephone, email and letter within agreed timescales.
- Ensure debts are paid in a timely manner in line with Company guidelines.
- Maintain accurate records for all account activity.
- Respond quickly and accurately to incoming emails and post on a daily basis, in line with Credit Control Team Charter.
- Administer customer card payments.
- Undertake account reconciliations as required.
- Provide customers with copy documentation as requested.
- Negotiate payment plans with customers as necessary.
- Answer incoming calls and return customer calls promptly in a professional and courteous manner.
- Reduce overall outstanding debt for assigned customer accounts.
- Ensure unallocated debt is kept at an acceptable level, in line with team targets.
- Monitor Credit Control inbox, in line with team rota, to ensure customer queries are addressed in a timely manner.
- Improve and implement debt collection processes against necessary overdue debt, and initiate legal procedures if required.
- Work with Credit Control Team Leader to propose accounts eligible to be written off as bad debt.
- Send out monthly client statements for your own account base.
- Attend team meetings to address any issues and contribute new initiatives.
- General administrative duties to support the work of the team.
- Ensuring daily banking is completed in a timely manner, as required.
- Provide cover for other accounting functions as requested.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of procedures to improve efficiency of the department through the development of relationships with own team members and other departments.
- Demonstrate a positive working style with an enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude, promoting the importance and benefits of effective team working.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be someone who is interested in working within a supportive and varied Credit Control position. You ideally will have some form of experience in contacting customers and reminding/requesting payments to be made, or at least have interacted with the AR/Credit team in a previous Finance role.
What's on Offer
On offer for the Credit Controller will be:
- Immediate start
- Supportive and high performing team
- Flexibility with working from home, currently some of the team is doing 2 days from home, however, as with all businesses, this is at the discretion of the Directors.
- Competitive salary of circa £25,000